This Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream recipe will make your dessert dreams come true!
With only 4 ingredients, this nice cream is dairy-free, vegan and ready in under 10 minutes flat. Top with chocolate chips and serve immediately or freeze for later!
We can’t get enough of this peanut butter banana deliciousness all tied up with a bow and served as NICE cream. We all know that there are few better flavor combos than peanut butter and bananas, and we’ve found this to be especially true when it comes to sweet treats.
Cue in this peanut butter banana nice cream, and you’ve got the healthy dessert of your dreams.
What is Banana Nice Cream?
Banana nice cream is a vegan ice cream made with the base of frozen banana. It’s whipped in a food processor or high-speed blender to create a fluffy, soft-serve-like ice cream.
If you’re a fan of normal ice cream texture of soft-serve, you can simply freeze the banana nice cream in a bread pan!
Love desserts? Us too! Subscribe to our emails and get all of our best desserts straight to your inbox.
Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream Ingredients
- Frozen sliced bananas: frozen banana is the base of this recipe. Feel free to buy pre-frozen sliced bananas or freeze your own.
- All-natural peanut butter: any kind of peanut butter works in this recipe. If you can’t do peanuts, feel free to swap for any other nut butter.
- Unsweetened almond milk: almond milk is used to help make it soft-serve-like. Any kind of milk works!
- Mini chocolate chips: every bowl of ice cream deserves a little chocolate. Feel free to use semi-sweet, dark, dairy-free, or milk chocolate chips.
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
Slice bananas evenly and place them on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Place the entire sheet in the freezer to freeze until solid.
When you take your bananas out of the freezer, you’ll just need to scrape them off the parchment paper and place them right into the blender.
Check out our How to Freeze Bananas post for a more thorough tutorial on how to freeze bananas!
Can I make this with whole frozen bananas? Got whole frozen bananas instead? No fear, you can absolutely make this recipe with whole bananas instead of slice. We just prefer sliced.
Measure out your frozen sliced bananas, all-natural peanut butter and almond milk and place them in your high-speed blender. You can also use a food processor (we’ve done both!).
You’ll want a serious blender or food processor for this step to ensure all the bananas are blended to perfection and not left as small chunks.
It’s the bananas that give this nice cream its perfect ice cream consistency, so you’ll want ot make sure they’re blended fully. If you use your blender for smoothies with frozen ingredients, you’re good to go here!
Blend all of the ingredients together on high until smooth. Depending on how frozen solid your banana slices are, you may need to thin out your healthy ice cream with almond milk.
We recommend thinning it with a tablespoon of almond milk at a time until you get your desired consistency. At this point, you’ll want to grab those mini chocolate chips. Add them to your blender and pulse until they’re folded into the nice cream.
Serve or freeze for later
Because your banana slices were frozen when you started this recipe, the consistency of your peanut butter banana nice cream should be perfect to serve up and enjoy immediately if you like the consistency of soft-serve.
But, if you’re making this ahead of time, or would a more traditional ice cream consistency, line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour your ice cream into the pan.
Store covered (we used aluminum foil to cover the pan!) in your freezer and enjoy at your leisure.
And don’t forget the toppings! We served ours with a few more mini chocolate chips and a drizzle of all-natural peanut butter. YUM.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Nice Cream
- Place frozen banana slices, peanut butter, and 1/2 cup almond milk into a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend on high until a smooth consistency has formed. If things are too thick, add a little bit more almond milk.
- Add in mini chocolate chips and pulse to combine.
- Option to eat immediately for a "soft-serve-like" consistency or to transfer into a parchment-lined bread pan to freeze for a more "ice cream-like" consistency. Freeze for about 2 hours. If you freeze for longer, it will become solid and hard to scoop, so you will need to thaw!
- Serve with more chocolate chips and a drizzle of peanut butter.