This 5-ingredient pork chop marinade will infuse your pork chops with sweet, salty, and garlicky goodness!
This pork chop marinade is sweet from brown sugar, salty from soy sauce, and savory from Worcestershire sauce. It’s all pulled together with a little citrus and garlic to make this one delicious pork chop marinade.
I love that this pork chop marinade no only infuses flavor into pork chp[s, but really helps tenderize them, too.
What is in this Juicy Pork Chop Marinade?
This really is the best pork chop marinade. It’s actually also our favorite grilled pork chop marinade because the ends results are just mouthwatering!
- Soy sauce: you’ll notice that salt is not included in the ingredient list and that’s because the majority comes from soy sauce! Feel free to swap for tamari.
- Brown sugar: brown sugar gives this sweet and salty marinade the sweetness. Any kind works.
- Worcestershire sauce: I love Worcestershire sauce in marinades because it’s tangy and savory.
- Garlic: the garlic in this really pulls the marinade together.
- Lemon: a little bit of citrus is truly the cherry on top!
What is the secret ingredient to this pork chop marinade? Worcestershire sauce is definitely the secret ingredient. It adds a bit of tang, savoriness, and so much flavor.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Looking to use what you have on hand? Feel free to use a little black pepper, dijon mustard, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, or balsamic vinegar. All would add delicious flavors.
Any kind of fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, or basil would be a delicious addition too!
What kind of pork chops are best for marinating?
There are so many different kinds of pork chops on the market –> thick, thin, bone-in, boneless.
This pork chop marinade works for any cut of pork.
In the photos in this post, we used thick-cut bone-in pork chops that we got straight from the butcher at a local grocery store.
What to Store Marinated Pork Chops In
When marinating any kind of meat, we typically use 2 different vessels:
- Casserole dish: if you use a casserole dish, we recommend flipping your pork chops a few times to make sure everything is nice and coated. You cal also use any kind of deep pan you have on hand.
- Gallon-size plastic bag: I prefer to use a plastic bag because I find that more of the meat gets coated.
How long to marinate pork chops?
We recommend marinating your pork chops for 12-24 hours. However, if you’re short on time, anywhere from 2-4 hours will work.
Trust us when we say the longer the better. Your pork chops will become so juicy and flavorful the longer they sit,
Ways to Cook Marinated Pork Chops
I mentioned that this is a fantastic grilled pork chop marinade, but it’s also great for a variety of other cooking methods too.
Grill: Grill pork chops at 400ºF (medium-high heat) over direct heat for around 6-8 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Check out our grilled pork chops recipe.
Oven: Roast at 375ºF for around 15-20 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are. Check out our oven-baked pork chops recipe.
Instant Pot: Pressure cook pork chops on high pressure for around 10 minutes. Check out our Instant Pot pork chops recipe.
Air Fryer: Air fry pork chops at 400ºF for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Check out our air fryer pork chops recipe.
Pork Internal Temperature
According to FoodSaftey.gov, pork’s safe minimum internal temperature is at least 145ºF.
What is the best way to tenderize pork chops?
The best way to tenderize a pork chop is either by using a meat tenderize to break up the tendons and/or by using a marinade to infuse moisture into the meat.
How long can you leave pork chops marinated?
You can let your pork chops marinate for up to 24 hours.
How do you make pork soft and tender?
The best way to make a pork chop soft and tender is to marinate it, sear it over high heat, and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Can you freeze marinated pork chops?
This pork chop marinade is seriously so perfect for freezing! Instead of marinating your pork for the recommended 12-24 hours, place the plastic bag right into the freezer. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Before cooking, let the pork chops thaw completely and then follow your favorite cooking method.
Email Me this Recipe
Share your email, and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus, enjoy weekly doses of recipe inspiration as a bonus!
"*" indicates required fields
Amazing Pork Chop Marinade
- Add the soy sauce, light brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic, and lemon juice into a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the pork chops into a large, gallon-size plastic bag and then pour the marinade into the bag.
- Remove the air from the plastic bag and carefully massage the marinade into the pork chops.
- Place the pork chops into the fridge and marinate for 12-24 hours or for at least 2-4 hours.
- When you're ready to cook your pork chops, follow your favorite cooking method such as these grilled pork chops.
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.