These quick pickled spicy peppers are a great way to preserve peppers and add a spicy sweet touch to any dish. Plus, they’re ready to enjoy in under 2 hours!
Quick Pickling is Amazing!
We’re big fans of quick pickling peppers and onions! Not only are they a delicious complement to practically any dish, they’re oh so easy to make. Did we mention you can pickle and store them in the same jar?!
How Long to Does it Take to Pickle Peppers?
The longer you pickle, the spicier the result! We love quick pickling for at least 2 hours to bring out the delicious spicy flavors, but if you have time to pickle overnight, that is ideal!
Spicy vs. Sweet Pickled Peppers
Looking for a sweeter flavor for these quick pickled peppers? You have two options!
- Remove the seeds of spicier pepper varieties before pickling
- Eliminate spicier peppers, like jalapeños from this recipe
How Long Do Quick Pickled Peppers Last?
When stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator, quick pickled peppers will last for up to 2 weeks.
How to Store Quick Pickled Peppers
We love to store these peppers in a mason jar with a lid, so you can pickle and store them in the same container!
Quick Pickled Spicy Peppers
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 poblano pepper sliced or chopped
- 1 red or green Anaheim pepper sliced
- 1 jalepeno sliced and deseeded
- 1 serano pepper chopped
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and mashed
- First, place apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and honey into a mason jar. Screw the cover on and shake the jar until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Then, place the sliced onion into the jar. Be sure that all of the peppers are covered in vinegar.
- Place the lid back on the jar and give it one more shake.
- Finally, place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for the optimal quick pickled peppers!
Amazing recipe. I made it but not in a spicy version – I definitely prefer mild ones! I used different kinds of peppers as I was having lots of them from my father. At the beginning of the year together with my family we ordered vegetable seeds on https://gardenseedsmarket.com/vegetables-en/ and some crops were canned to preserve them for winter. I think that your recipe is a bingo, it looks amazing and I can’t wait to taste it!
These are amazing!! They’ll be a staple from here on out!