Say hello to the Best Juicy Turkey Burger you’ve ever had! These turkey burgers are always delicious, and never dry. Enjoy!
We have been all about the grill lately. Grilled chicken legs, grilled potatoes, grilled pork tenderloin, and more! This grilled turkey burger is truly the most delicious on the internet! Let’s get started.
The Perfect Turkey Burger Spices
You’ll never have another bland turkey burger with this delicious combination of spices. You’ll need:
- Garlic cloves: You can’t beat the flavor of fresh garlic cloves! We minced ours for this burger to ensure every burger patty got a hint of that delicious garlic flavor.
- Red chili flakes: Red pepper flakes, red chili flakes — regardless what you call yours, this touch of spicy heat will give your burgs such a delicious flavor!
- Garlic powder: Because fresh cloves just aren’t enough, we added a bit of garlic powder to this turkey burger as well!
- Ground cumin: Can’t skip the delicious earthy flavor of ground cumin in these burgers! It pairs perfectly with the garlic and chili flakes.
- Salt and pepper: Just a touch of each is all you’ll need.
Juicy Turkey Burger Ingredients
Turkey (of course!):
We used 85% / 15% fat ground turkey, which means you’ll have the fat you need to ensure a perfectly juicy turkey burger!
Herbs and Veggies:
YES, all these veggies and herbs go right in your turkey burger patty! Everything will be finely chopped or diced to ensure every single delicious bite of your turkey burg packs all these flavors:
- Grated white onion
- Canned green chiles
- Finely diced fresh green pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Grated fresh garlic cloves
- Red chili flakes
- Garlic powder
- Ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
Don’t Skip the BUTTER!
This turkey burger recipe calls for 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced into small chunks. You’ll fold this into the rest of the turkey burger ingredients before making into patties. As the burgers cook, the butter melts and infuses delicious moisture into the patties.
How to Cook the Perfect Turkey Burger
We recommend cooking these turkey burgers at 375ºF on either a gas or charcoal grill as such:
- Start by preheating your grill to 375ºF.
- Once your grill is preheated, spray a large piece of tin foil with non-stick cooking spray and place the tin foil on the grill.
- Then transfer the burger patties onto the tin foil. Cook each side for about 6-7 minutes with the grill covered. Pro Tip: The cook time will depend on how thick your burgers are, but should be roughly 6-7 minutes.
- Once the burgers have reached an internal temperature of 160ºF, remove the burgers from the grill and let them sit for 5 minutes. Your burgers will continue to finish cooking and reach an internal temperature of 165ºF as they sit (off heat!) during this time.
We topped these turkey burgers with quick pickled onions and an avocado mash, but feel free to get creative and top your turkey burgs with whatever your little heart desires, like:
- Tomato slices
- Bib lettuce
- White onion
- A slice of your favorite cheese
What to Serve with Turkey Burgers
- Grilled Carrots
- Balsamic Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Foil Pack Red Potatoes
- 36 Healthy Salad Ideas
- Best Quinoa Salad Recipes
More Burger Recipes
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers
- BBQ Quinoa Turkey Burgers
- Lemon Dill Salmon Burgers
- Roasted Garlic Black Bean Quinoa Burger
Watch how to make this recipe
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (white, brown, coconut)
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. 85% fat ground turkey
- ½ medium white onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons green chiles
- 1 medium green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 6 burger buns
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons canned green chiles
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, prepare your quick pickled onions.
- Place apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, salt, and sugar into a mason jar. Screw the cover on and shake the jar until the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Then, place the sliced onion into the jar. Be sure that all of the onion is covered in vinegar.
- Place the lid back on the jar and give it one more shake.
- Finally, place the jar in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for the optimal quick pickled onion!
- Next, preheat the grill to 375ºF.
- Prepare the burgers and place all of the ingredients for the burgers (minus the buns 😛 ) into a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. Don’t be afraid to get messy and use your hands.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, form the burger patties by splitting the turkey burger mixture into 6 balls.
- Then, wet your hands with water (the water helps to keep the turkey patty from sticking to your hands) and form each ball of meat into small patties and place them onto a plate.
- Finally, spray a large piece of tin foil with non-stick cooking spray and place the tin foil on the grill.*
- Transfer the burger patties onto the tin foil. The temperature of the grill should be roughly 375ºF. Cook each side for about 6-7 minutes covered. This will depend on the thickness of your burger.
- While the burgers are cooking on the grill, prepare the avocado mash by placing the avocado in a small bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the green chiles, salt, and cilantro to the avocado and mix well.
- Once the burgers have reached an internal temperature of 160ºF, remove the burgers from the grill and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve the burgers on a bun or piece of lettuce and top with avocado mash and pickled onions.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition information is for JUST the burger and does not include the bun + toppings.
*Don’t have a grill? Make it on the stove by heating a large skillet over medium/high heat. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with olive oil. Place the turkey burger in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 232 Sugar: 2 Sodium: 268 Fat: 17 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 1 Protein: 15 Cholesterol: 72
Keywords: turkey burgers