With just 5 ingredients, you can make these super simple (and healthy) grilled peppers and onions in a foil pack!
I think I’ve used my grill at least 4 days a week since April 1st. From black bean burgers to grilled brussels sprouts to chicken kebabs…the bbq makes everything taste better. Speaking of grills, we just got a new grill and are loving it. If you’re in the market, check out the Webber Spirit II.
Simple Peppers and Onions Recipe
Peppers and onions are an easy thing to throw together for any summer meal! It compliments any piece of meat, burgers, etc. Our basic recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and a foil pack.
- bell peppers: any kind of bell pepper will work. You can use all of the same color, or mix things up a bit!
- onion: use whatever onion you have at home. My personal favorites are yellow and purple, but any kind will work.
- olive oil: if you don’t have olive oil, try something light grapeseed oil or canola oil. You can even sub butter!
- minced garlic: I am a total garlic girl. If you love it too, try using whole garlic cloves instead. If you’re out of minced garlic, you can easily sub for garlic powder.
- salt and pepper: go generous with the salt and pepper. And if you’re feeling fancy, you can even add other spices, too!
Place all of your ingredients on top of a piece of tin foil and toss. Make sure everything is fully coated. Then, place another piece of tin foil on top and fold all 4 sides in to create your foil pack. Grill directly on the flames at around 400ºF for 20 minutes.
More Foil Pack Recipes
- 2 large bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, preheat grill to 400ºF.
- Then, prepare veggies by slicing peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch squares.
- Then, place veggies on a large sheet of tin foil.
- Drizzle on olive oil and then toss to make sure all veggies are fully coated.
- Season with minced garlic and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Cover veggies with another piece of tin foil and then fold in the sides to create a foil pack.
- Grill directly on the flames at 400ºF for about 20 minutes or until your veggies reach the desired texture.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition information is for 6 servings.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 73 Sugar: 5 Fat: 5 Carbohydrates: 6 Fiber: 2 Protein: 1
Keywords: grilled peppers and onions