This vegan cookie dough banana nice cream is made with frozen bananas, almond milk, and has big chunks of edible cookie dough in every bite. It’s the perfect healthy dessert that is ready in under 1 hour!
We Love Nice Cream Recipes
If there is one dessert that we all love, it’s ICE CREAM. Making a big batch of nice cream to answer your sweet tooth’s cry for a sweet treat is a great way to have a healthy ice cream treat! We always have a bag of frozen bananas in our freezer (check out how we freeze bananas here) just in case we want to make nice cream last minute!
We fell in love with nice cream and now we have many delicious nice cream recipes on FFF! Our most popular nice cream recipe is this peanut butter nice cream . It is a delicious combination of peanut butter, chocolate chips, and frozen bananas!
From there, we’ve recreated our favorite ice cream flavors and but a Fit Foodie twist on them. Enter—> Cookie Dough Banana Nice Cream!
Nice cream is extra creamy, naturally sweet, and the cookie dough bites in this recipe take this nice cream recipe up a notch!
It’s All About the Edible Cookie Dough Bites
If you are a blizzard person at DQ or a concrete mixer person at Culvers than you know the deliciousness that is cookie dough. I love getting extra cookie dough bites on the side of any ice cream treat that I buy.
We wanted to recreate the sweet cookie dough morsels that people love, but with a healthy twist.
Now, you may be shaking your head saying there is no way to recreate cookie dough that is actually healthy, Im here to tell you there is! People love our healthy chocolate chip edible cookie dough recipe because it actually tastes like cookie dough! YUM.
There is one secret ingredient that we add to any recipe that makes it taste strikingly like cookie dough—> CASHEW BUTTER!
We created a small batch of delicious cookie dough bites that are sweet morsels of heaven.
How to Make Edible Cookie Dough Bites
To create these morsels, mix together cashew butter, flour, maple syrup, chocolate chips, and salt. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
Then, using a 1/2 teaspoon scoop, scoop the cookie dough up and roll it into a perfect ball and place it on a plate. Repeat this process until all the dough has been turned into balls. Place the cookie dough bites into the freezer for 1-2 hours to freeze.
Freezing the cookie dough is important because after frozen your cookie dough remains frozen and delicious when you fold it into your nice cream.
How to Make Nice Cream
The key (and I mean the absolute most important ingredient) to making nice cream is FROZEN BANANAS. You need frozen bananas because whipping frozen bananas is the base for the nice cream! The whipped bananas make the creamy and delicious base for this nice cream!
All you have to do is place the frozen banana, maple syrup, and cinnamon into the food processor and blend until smooth. Then, all that’s left is to add in your cookie dough bites, transfer the banana nice cream to a freezer safe container, and then place it in the freezer to let the nice cream set!
Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve Qs
What is the best kitchen appliance to use for banana soft serve?
A large high speed food processor is the best appliance to use to make banana soft serve! We do not recommend making banana soft serve in a blender. Blenders tend to get jammed up because there isn’t enough liquid in this nice cream recipe for a blender.
How do I store nice cream in the freezer?
To freeze nice cream in the freezer for later, pour the nice cream into a loaf pan and carefully cover the nice cream with a piece of plastic wrap and then again with tin foil.
Nice Cream Recipes
- Protein Strawberry Banana Nice Cream Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Nice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Nice Cream
Cookie Dough Banana Soft Serve
Cookie Dough Bites
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2.5 tablespoons flour we used all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups frozen sliced banana 3-4 large bananas
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Splash of almond milk*
- ½ the cookie dough bites
Optional Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon cashew butter
- First, begin by making your cookie dough bites. Place all ingredients into a small bowl and mix. The texture should be similar to cookie dough.
- Use a ½ teaspoon to scoop dough into your palms and roll into small cookie dough bites. You should get around 20 cookie dough bites.
- Cover a plate with parchment paper and place cookie dough bites on the plate. Then, transfer the plate into the freezer to freeze for at least 1-2 hours.
- Next, prep bananas. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, slice 3-4 large bananas. Place the banana slices on top of the parchment paper. Freeze for 1-2 hour.
- Once your bananas have fully frozen, it’s time to make your nice cream! Place 4 cups of sliced frozen bananas, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and a splash of almond milk into a high-speed food processor. Then, process on high. You may need to add more almond milk depending on how frozen your bananas are. You may also need to stop a few times to scrape the sides. The goal here is to make your nice cream nice and creamy!
- Once your nice cream is thick and creamy, take the cookie dough bites out of the freezer. Transfer half of the bites into the food processor on top of the nice cream (you’ll top your nice cream with the other half!) and pulse for around 30 seconds to break up the cookie dough bites.
- Option now to eat your nice cream immediately for a soft-serve texture (that’s what we did in the photos) OR transfer into a parchment paper-lined bread pan to freeze for 1-2 hours for an ice cream like texture.
- Before serving, chop the remaining cookie dough bites in half and then half again.
- Make optional chocolate sauce by melting around 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips and mixing it with 1 tablespoon of cashew butter.
- Serve banana nice cream topped with cookie dough chunks and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was slightly updated on April 18th, 2020. You can find the original recipe HERE.
Just ran across this recipe. Looks like something I need to try! I love that its gf and df.
Love love loved this! Ice cream without the guilt! I used sunflower butter instead of cashew butter because it was what I had and it turned out great! Thank you!
So glad you love this, Irene!
Can I bake the cookie dough to make it crunchy instead of freezing it?
I never thought of that! I don’t see why not!
Can I use almond flour instead of all purpose flour?
I haven’t tried almond flour, but if you do use it, you’ll likely need to add more to get it to a cookie dough consistency!
I just made this tonight! My husband, 2 year old son, and I all loved it! I went for extra cookie dough balls in the banana ice cream, because, well, I couldn’t resist! And that hot fudge on top was great, too. The only thing I might change next time is to add a little more vanilla, to hopefully get more of a “vanilla ice cream” flavor. It honestly was great as is, though!
YAY! So glad the whole fam loved it 🙂 This makes me so happy! Next time, try adding real vanilla bean! That should do the trick.
Oh, thanks! That’s a good tip. I didn’t even think of that!
I just wanted to make sure you are aware that these recipe photos match your new blog makeover. Hearts in my eyeballs!!!
😛 I am totally aware. This is one of the posts I based my color scheme off of.
I think my favorite ice cream flavor is probably mint chocolate chip 🙂 This sundae looks amazing! I need to make myself some balls so I can make a sundae!!!
Doode. I’ve been loving Mint Choc Chip lately too. There is so much ice cream in Seaside. SO MUCH ICE CREAM.
Incredible. That is all I can say right now.
Yay! Thanks for pinning!
Just when I thought that nana-ice cream couldn’t get anymore perfect, you go and make this cookie dough version.
Seriously this might be the best thing everrrrrrrrrrrr! And I really like how it’s healthy too.
I know right. This is my new fav ice cream. Those cookie dough bites are actually heaven in a mini ball. #DaTruth
I just keep coming back to this post to “ooo” and “ahh” over it. This looks amazing and I can hardly wait to make it tonight! Thank goodness for your creative mind. 🙂
I’ve seen a few banana vegan ice creams around lately and I am now thoroughly convinced that I have to try this right away. What a fantastic dessert, without the guilt!
Nanner soft serve changes my life. It is so tasty and totally guilt free!
Vegan cookie dough ice cream?! Wow, didn’t know there was a substitute for ice cream for this lifestyle…
Do it!! It’s life changing!
Finally, a cookie dough ice cream with ingredients that I already have laying around my house! This looks absolutely delicious and thanks for the dessert idea! My taste buds will be sending you thanks very soon… 😉
I know right! So easy to make.
Hi! Where do you get these cookie dough bites? This looks great!
Hi Heather! You have to make them. I linked to the recipe but here it is again —> https://fitfoodiefinds.com/2014/06/frozen-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-bites/
Yes! I totally love this Lee – great minds think alike 🙂
WOW! Please come make this for me for breakfast 😉
I ate the second serving the next morning for breakfast 🙂
This looks so good! Ever since I became lactose intolerant, I have missed ice cream especially in summer. As soon as I get a food processor I am definitely trying this!
Food processor needs to be high priority! It will change your life!!!
thank you so much for catering to my Vegan needs! I had to find a new replacement for my mcdonalds soft serve which apparently has pig fat in it (legit)
Are you kidding me. Only in Australia I hope. I love that shiz!
I think I’ll need to get a food processor when I’m back in the states — this looks delicious!
I’ve always like vanilla and mint chocolate chip!
Ummmmm no brainer!