For some reason this recipe makes me want to turn on Brittany’s Hit Me Baby One More Time. I guess peanut butter put me in a really good mood, just like 90’s music.
This poor recipe has been sitting in my drafts box for like 3 weeks now. I keep pushing it off and that is not okay! Delicious peanut butter and chocolate in the same recipe does not deserve to be shunned of the publish button.
I absolutely love the coconut oil in this recipe. It makes everything so creamy and give it a great taste as well!
I’ve tried to make this recipe before using puffed brown rice, but brown rice crisps is definitely the secret. I picked up a box of organic brown rice crisps from Whole Foods.
Feel free to add in any other nummy add-ins, such as chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut chunks, or chia seeds. The more the merrier, right?
I drizzled dark chocolate on top because I think it looks pretty…and let’s face it, it tastes real good.
- First, line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, Melt ¼ cup of coconut oil and ¼ cup of peanut butter. Pour into a large bowl. Add in brown rice syrup and salt, mix.
- Add in 2 cups of brown rice crisps and mix until everything is fully and equally coated. Pour into pan.
- Using a spatula, spread mixture evenly onto pan, then press into pan so the bars are compacted.
- Place into freezer for about 2 hours. Then using a sharp knife, slice into squares.
- Optional (and necessary) dark chocolate drizzle: melt 3T dark chocolate chips and transfer into a plastic sandwich bag. Cut the tip off and drizzle on chocolate. Place back into the freeze for about 10 minutes. EAT.