You are going to love these candied walnuts! No need to soak, bake, or wait. We make these candied walnuts in 10 minutes on the STOVE TOP. Make them for a snack or a salad topper any time.
Candied Walnuts on Everything!
Are you the kind of person who likes crunch in everything? If so, these candied walnuts are the perfect recipe for you!
We love to add candied walnuts to so many recipes to add sweetness, protein, and crunch to so many recipes. Typically, you make candied walnuts in the oven, but this candied walnut recipe is a stove top recipe and it’s ready in just 10 minutes.
You Only Need 3 Ingredients
Guess what?! You only need three ingredients to make these delicious walnuts.
- Walnuts – Walnuts are a great source of protein, omegas, and is said to help with inflammation. They also taste almost meaty.
- Butter– The butter in this recipe creates that caramel flavor that you get from candied nuts!
- Maple Syrup– The maple syrup in these candied walnuts gives them their sweetness. Feel free to use honey or molasses.
here’s a tip
Don’t have walnuts? Feel free to use pecans instead! They are just as meaty and delicious.
How to Make Candied Walnuts
Not only does this recipe have only 3 ingredients, it has very few steps as well!
All you have to do is place all of the ingredients in a pan over medium heat. When the butter starts to boil, let the walnut simmer in the maple syrup for 5 mintutes before removing it from the heat.
From there we recommend spreading them out on parchment paper and then sprinkling them salt. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes!
What do I do with candied walnuts?
There are so many things you can do with candied nuts (other than just eating them by the handfuls)!
Sprinkle them on salads. We have so many delicious healthy salad recipes on FFF. We love tossing in extra crunch by adding candied walnuts or pecans to our salads. Give it a try.
Add them to cookies + muffins. Need to add a little crunch or protein to your cookies or muffins? We highly recommend adding some chopped candied walnuts to the top of any of these muffins or mix them into any of these cookies!
Healthy 10 Minute Candied Walnuts
- Begin by lining a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, place walnuts, butter, and maple syrup into a large skillet pan.
- Turn heat on high and bring the butter and maple syrup to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and stir making sure all of the walnuts are coated in maple syrup and butter and then simmer the walnuts over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour walnuts onto the parchment paper and spread them out so they are not touching. Sprinkle on sea salt.
- Place walnuts in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until they are cool.