This Asian Salad Dressing is made with garlic, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and a little soy sauce. It’s the perfect healthy salad dressing to top on your favorite kale salad or use as a chicken marinade!
I am a lover of all things Asian flavors. 9 times out of 10, I’m going to want Chinese takeout or Thai for dinner. I just love the fresh flavors that are typically used in Asian cooking such as ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and garlic. NOM. I mean, our Beef with Broccoli, for example…or our Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry. TO DIE FOR. Today we are sharing a super simple Asian Salad Dressing recipe that is so good you’re going to want to keep to stocked in your fridge!
Asian Salad Dressing Ingredients
This salad dressing recipe is a very basic vinaigrette. The base oil is a combo of olive oil with a touch of sesame oil. We took things up a notch by sauteeing the garlic first so that it’s super flavorful. I promise it’s worth the extra step. After you’ve sauteed the garlic, it’s time to mix the rest of the ingredients in. We like to do this right in a mason jar so you can screw the cap on and give it a shake. Here’s what you need:
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Dijon Mustard
Asian Salad Dressing Uses
Like I mentioned above, you’re pretty much going to die over this simple healthy salad dressing recipe. Guess what? You can use this for more than just salad!
- Salads: keep things super simple and top your baby kale or spinach with this dressing.
- Marinade: Place a few chicken breasts in a glass container and pour on some Asian Salad Dressing. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes and boom, you’ve got Asian Chicken ready to go.
- Dip: Use this dressing as a dip for spring rolls or egg rolls.
- Pasta Salad: get festive with your pasta salad and make an Asian-inspired dish!
Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes
- Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Best Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
Asian Salad Dressing Video
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Begin by heating a small pan over medium/high heat. Add olive oil and sesame oil.
- When the oil is fragrant, add garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat to low and let simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, place garlic and olive oil mixture into a mason jar along with all of the other dressing ingredients. Cover the jar and shake until all ingredients are combined.
Tips & Notes
Storage: store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1.5 tablespoons Calories: 142 Sugar: 2 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 3 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Keywords: Asian salad dressing