There’s nothing better than an ice-cold Moscow mule. Learn how to make our Blackberry Moscow Mule Recipe in less than 5 minutes. Plus, we’re sharing which Moscow Mule mugs are the best.
A classic Moscow Mule is one of my all-time favorite drinks to order. Here are a few other vodka cocktails from Fit Foodie that we’re loving lately: Hibiscus Arnie Palmer, Sex on the Beach Slushies, and Honey Greyhound Cocktails.
Hello, sweet summertime. This delicious cocktail really is the epitome of summer. I love the fresh flavors and the additional flavor the blackberries give this Moscow Mule. First things first, what is a Moscow Mule?
What is a Moscow Mule?
A classic Moscow Mule recipe is made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. It’s typically serviced in copper mugs because of how cold the metal gets immediately after it touches ice cold liquid.
Moscow Mule Ingredients
Moscow mules call for delicious, fresh ingredients that I know you’re going to love. Here’s what you need for our blackberry Moscow mule recipe:
- Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer
Like I mentioned above, vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer are what really give a Moscow Mule its signature flavor. You’ll note that we put our own twist to this recipe with the addition of blackberries and mint. Don’t worry the flavor combo is amaze.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Best Ginger Beer for a Moscow Mule
I am a sucker for good ginger beer. If you are wondering if ginger beer has alcohol in it, it actually doesn’t! Ginger beer is a fermented, spicy drink that’s used as the base of a Moscow Mule. You can find it at most supermarkets and liquor stores. Here are our go-to ginger beer brands to use for Moscow Mules:
How to Make a Moscow Mule
Making these blackberry Moscow mules is as easy as this 4-step process, and you’ll be off and sipping this delicious drink in 5 minutes flat:
- To make these delicious blackberry Moscow Mules start by muddling a few blackberries on the bottom of a drink shaker.
- Then, muddle a few mint leaves.
- Add vodka, ginger beer, lime juice, and a handful of ice to the drink shaker and close the lid. Shake a few times to mix.
- Then, pour into your favorite ice-filled copper mug.
Mason Jar Pro Tip:
Don’t have a drink shaker? Use a mason jar! They can be used in the same exact way as a traditional drink shaker. Just make sure you have the top, and screw it on tightly.
Best Moscow Mule Copper Mugs
Looking for a new set of copper mugs to drink you Moscow Mules out of? No fear! I’ve done some research for you to find the best Moscow Mule cups that aren’t super expensive.
Blackberry Moscow Mule
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 2 large mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 4.5 oz. ginger beer
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- handful of ice
- First, place blackberries on the bottom of a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Use a muddler to smash the blackberries, breaking them up and releasing the juices.
- Next, add in 2 mint leaves and muddle one more time to release the yummy minty flavor.
- Ad the rest of the ingredients to the cocktail shaker and put the top on. Shake back and forth a few times until everything is combined.
- Pour drink into an ice-filled copper mug. Enjoy with a sprig of rosemary and a lime wedge.