Jazz up the traditional Arnold Palmer recipe with hibiscus tea and a homemade lemonade, and you’ll have the most refreshing Hibiscus Arnold Palmer drink in your hand in no time.
Cheers to refreshing cocktails! Whether it’s this Arnold Palmer drink our sex on the beach slushies or this refreshing kombucha lemonade, we hope you’re well on your way to enjoying a delicious drink.
We Love Arnie Palmers!
Is there anything more refreshing than a chilled Arnold Palmer in the summa summa summatime?
If you ask Lee, she’ll tell you that an Arnold Palmer can be enjoyed any time of the year, and the girl ain’t wrong, but I especially love a good tea + lemonade combo when it’s hot outside, which is why we’re here to share this refreshing spiked Arnold Palmer recipe with a liiiiittle twist 😀
Instead of a traditional iced black tea, we’re jazzing this recipe up with a hibiscus herbal tea, and it’s oh so delicious.
Whether you’re looking to whip up a batch of these and spike them with vodka or enjoy them virgin, we’ll walk you through making this quick and delicious drink. Let’s get into it, shall we?!
How to Make Arnold Palmers
For the Hibiscus Tea
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Then, remove from the heat and place 3 Hibiscus tea bags into the pot, and let steep for 5-10 minutes. Then, transfer into a large glass and let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
For the Homemade Lemonade
Mix together 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup water and 3 tablespoons of honey simple syrup. Depending on the juiciness of your lemons, 3 or 4 lemons will yield 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice. Then, set the homemade lemonade aside.
All Together Now for Hibiscus Arnold Palmers
Place ice on the bottom of 4 glasses and then pour in 1.5 oz. vodka into each glass. If you’re looking to keep these sans alcohol, simply skip this step!
We love using clear glasses, so you can see the beauty of this drink! Then, pour in about 1/3 cup of homemade lemonade into each glass. Next, pour in about 1/4 cup hibiscus tea into each glass and use a spoon or stir stick to stir.
Give your Arnold Palmer a little sip, and add more honey simple syrup as needed.
Serve with your favorite garnishes, or let this beaut stand on its own. Some of our go-to garnishes for Arnold Palmer drinks include:
- Edible flowers (so fun!)
- Lemon slices
- Fresh berries
This recipe serves 4-6, but can also be easily doubled or tripled if you’re serving a larger group. You bet your bippy we’ll be making a triple batch of this for Linley’s bridal shower 😀
More Drink Recipes
- Sex on the Beach Slushies
- Spiced Raspberry Mulled Wine
- Best Frozen Margarita Recipe
- Amazing Summer Drink Recipes
- Strawberry Peach Rose Sangria
Hibiscus Arnold Palmer Drink
- 2 cups water
- 3 Hibiscus tea bags*
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice*
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey simple syrup or more to taste
- 6 oz. vodka
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Then, remove from the heat and place 3 Hibiscus tea bags into the pot.
- Let steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, transfer into a glass and let chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Mix together 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and 3 tablespoons of honey simple syrup.
- Set aside.
Hibiscus Arnold Palmers
- Place ice on the bottom of 4 glasses and then pour in 1.5 oz. vodka into each glass.
- Then, pour in about 1/3 cup of homemade lemonade into each glass.
- Last, pour in about 1/4 cup Hibiscus tea into each glass and use a spoon or stir stick to stir. Add more honey simple syrup as needed.
Tips & Notes
- Tea: any kind of tea will work for this recipe, but we used an herbal Hibiscus tea to get that gorgeous dark pink color.
- Depending on the juiciness of your lemon, 3 or 4 lemons will yield 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice.