I wasn’t going to post this recipe on the blog because I am not in love with the photos, BUT it got a lot of hoot and hollerin’ on the FFF faebook page, so what the heck! I’ve actually shared a similar recipe before on FFF called Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream, so it is sort of a repeat recipe, but with a twist!
Whenever I make my “ice cream” at home, I use frozen banana as my base. I don’t have an ice cream maker, so this is the perfect (and healthy) way to do it! This time, I added some of my favorite Designer Whey Chocolate protein powder to up the protein stats.
Topped with some mini dark chocolate chip and roasted peanuts. Now- that’s what I call a sundae.
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon roasted almonds
- Place all ingredients into a small food processor and mix until fulffy. It took me about 1 minute total. I stopped one or two times to scrape the sides.
Nutrition FactsCalories: 360 Sugar: 23 Sodium: 77 Fat: 15 Saturated Fat: 5 Unsaturated Fat: 9 Trans Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 46 Protein: 17 Cholesterol: 6
Here’s my other Chocolate Ice Cream recipe.
Don’t forget about my Peanut Butter Chip Soft-Serve.
All three of these recipes would actually be quite a tasty summertime breakfast. That’s right, ice cream for breakfast.
And now I leave you with some lunchtime fun from work yesterday.