Nut butter lovers, get ready to fall in love all over again with this Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cashew Butter. It only takes 15 minutes to make and the best part is that you can lick the spoon!
Is Cashew Butter Healthy?
Yes! Cashews can definitely be healthy. They are a great healthy snack when you are craving a savory snack! Just go ahead and grab a handful of cashews! Or? Slather some cashew butter on a piece of toast you just can’t go wrong.
Here’s what makes cashews healthy!
- Cashews are healthy fats! Cashews are packed with unsaturated fats. They are great to incorporate into a heart healthy diet.
- They are a low sugar snack! Cashews are very low in sugar! Though they add great taste and texture to any dish, they are low in sugar.
- A great meat or dairy substitute! Cashews are a great protein substitute for a meatless meal! They are also make delicious creamy sauce if you are looking for a diary free creamy sauce! We love our vegan pasta recipes and cream sauce recipes!
So much PROtein
Cashews are a GREAT source of protein! Whether you eat a handful of cashews on the go or spread this amazing cashew butter on some toast, you are getting all the protein you need for the day.
1 cup of cashews has 24 grams of protein
How to Make Cashew Butter
First things, first. We like to make our cashew butter with roasted cashews! It adds flavor and depth to cashew butter. You can buy cashews roasted or you can roast them yourself!
If you only have access to raw cashews, don’t fret. You can roast cashews in your oven and then make them into cashew butter. Just roast them for at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes!
After you have roasted cashews, you are going to make TWO LAYERS of cashew butter. One vanilla and one chocolate. You are going to make them like two separate nut butters and then swirl them together.
Add all of your ingredients for the vanilla cashew butter first process the cashews for 4-5 minutes or until cashew butter is smooth. Then repeat for the chocolate later. Swirl them all together and BOOM. Delicious cashew butter.
Sometimes when you add cold ingredients like honey or maple syrup to freshly blended cashew butter, it can seize the nut butter. Have no fear, we have an easy fix!
Try this If your cashw butter isn’t thick!
Adding maple or honey can thicken things up and take way the cashew butter’s drippy consistency. My trick is adding a little coconut oil to thin things out again. Works like a charm!
What is the best machine to make nut butter?
The best machine for making the creamiest cashew butter is a high powered food processor! There is no better kitchen investment than a food processor.
We love our 14-cup Cuisinart Food Processor. Any high powered food processor will do, but be sure you get between a 10-14 cup bowl! You want to have a big enough bowl to make nut butters, coleslaw, and nice cream!
How to Store Cashew Butter
Homemade cashew butter can last between 1-3 months in a cool dark place as long as you store it in an airtight container.
For the Vanilla
- 2 cups roasted cashews, lightly salted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- paste from one vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- optional: ~ 1 teaspoon coconut oil
For the Chocolate
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 3 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1–2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips, dairy-free
For the Vanilla
- Place cashews in a food processor (I use this one).
- Process for about a minute or until it becomes like cashew meal.
- Add in vanilla bean and cinnamon. Process for 5 minutes, or until it turns into a paste. Add maple syrup and process for about 5 minutes or until drippy. You may need to add about a teaspoon of coconut oil (I DID!), to help it get drippy.
- If after about 5 minutes, it isn’t drippy, then add the coconut oil! Set aside.
For the Chocolate
- Place cashews in a food processor. Process for about a minute or until it becomes like cashew meal.
- Add in cocoa powder and process for about 7-10 minutes or until drippy. At this point, add in 1-2 tablespoons of dairy-free chocolate chips and mix in. They will melt due to the heat of the cashew butter.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 tablespoons Calories: 384 Sugar: 6 Fat: 27 Carbohydrates: 21 Fiber: 0 Protein: 12
Keywords: Cashew Butter