Warm your soul with this apple cider hot toddy recipe! This adult beverage mixes together cinnamon whiskey, apple cider, and citrus for a delicious winter drink.
Yummy Apple Cider Hot Toddy!
Say hello to the most delicious hot drink you’ve ever tasted –> Apple Cider Hot Toddies! We’ve taken the classic hot toddy up a notch by using apple cider as the base and you’re never going to make them any different.
Simmer apple cider with cinnamon sticks, fresh rosemary, and orange slices and serve it with a shot of cinnamon whisky.
What is a Hot Toddy?
A hot toddy is a spiced whiskey drink served hot and typically made with whole spices, fresh herbs, citrus, and whiskey.
You’ll love this recipe if…
- You love cinnamon
- You need to warm up your body
- You love fresh herbs and spices
There is a shortlist of hot toddy ingredients that you need for this recipe, so let’s start off by gathering!
- Apple Cider (use our homemade apple cider!)
- Fresh rosemary
- Orange slices
- Cinnamon sticks
Best Whisky for Hot Toddies
We are huge fans of Fireball hot toddies. Cinnamon obviously pairs well with apple cider so Fireball whisky just makes so much sense. If you don’t have Fireball, pretty much any kind of whiskey will do. Here are some more recommendations:
- Maker’s Mark
- Wild Turkey 101
Don’t love whiskey? Try using spiced or dark rum instead. I bet it would be equally as delicious!
How to Make an Apple Cider Hot Toddy
- Simply place apple cider, orange slices, fresh cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks into a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, turn the burner down to low and let simmer for around 10 minutes.
- While the cider is simmering, pour about 1.5 oz. of whiskey onto the bottom of each glass. This step is great for those that don’t want any alcohol at all. Then, add your favorite garnishes such as an orange slice or a piece of rosemary.
- Pour hot apple cider mixture on top of whiskey and drink immediately.
Want to serve a crowd?
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it for four or for a crowd. If I am making this hot toddy recipe for a party, I just double or triple the recipe and whip it up in a big stockpot or dutch oven. It’ll get your house smelling amazing.
Feel free to pour the whiskey right into the stockpot or allow your guests to add their own whisky or keep it alcohol-free.
Apple Cider Hot Toddy
This apple cider hot toddy recipe is made with cinnamon whisky, orange slices, fresh rosemary, and cinnamon sticks. It’s served hot and perfect for serving a crowd!
- 4 cups apple cider (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (+more for garnish)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 6-oz. Fireball whiskey
- Place apple cider, orange slices, fresh cranberries, rosemary, and cinnamon sticks into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1.5 oz. Fireball whiskey to the bottom of 4 glasses along with an orange slice and a few cranberries.
- Then, pour the hot apple cider mixture on top of Fireball and stir.
- Serve hot.
Tips & Notes
- Easy double or triple this recipe and make in a large stock-pot or dutch oven to serve a crowd!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 250 Sugar: 45 Sodium: 60 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 47 Fiber: 2 Protein: 0
Keywords: apple cider hot toddy
“This step is great for those that don’t want any alcohol at all.”
This makes no sense. You just added whiskey to the glass and there’s no alcohol in it?
I’m always on a look out for great gift ideas. This one looks great
Thank you for sharing a perfect and attractive winter cocktail. I like so much.
I would like to make this for a chili cook off party this weekend. Except I would like to make a larger patch and have it already prepared and sitting on a warm setting on a portable pot warmer. Would it be okay if I added in the fireball after simmering the other ingredients and just leave on warm for anyone to come and make a glass? Thanks!
Hi! I am just seeing this. The answer is yes! That is what I would suggest doing. Keep the fireball out and let everyone add their own…that way it won’t burn off and you can keep some virgin!
The perfect drink for a hockey mom. Thanks for the recipe!
LOL. Love this. One day I shall be a hockey mom 🙂
If you made this WITHOUT taking shots of fireball I would’ve been disappointed 😉
send me this! I need all the fire i can get. I mean hot toddy. 😉
I was sooo surprised when my mom told me she just tried (and loves) Fireball. Needless to say, we’ll be making these when I get home 😀
I LOVE YOUR MOM.
I’m not a huge fireball fan, but I think I’d like this since it’s mixed with apple cider!
Give it a second chance Britt Britt!!!
I seriously LOVE Fireball. I know some people hate it but it warms me riiiight up!