This Instant Pot Potato Salad is so easy to make and your potatoes and eggs only cook for 8 minutes in your pressure cooker!
Potato Salad in the Instant Pot!
It truly doesn’t get any easier than Instant Pot Potato Salad. There’s no boiling potatoes or eggs in this recipe because they’re both cooked right in your pressure cooker. Easy peasy lemon squeazy.
Our Instant Pot Potato Salad recipe tastes like a classic potato salad made with mayo, dijon mustard, pickles, and dill. It’s the perfect bbq side and so tasty served next to grilled chicken thighs or kabobs.
Instant Pot Duo
Looking for a new pressure cooker? Check out 6 Qt. the Instant Pot Duo. It’s the one we use and love!
What You Need
Classic ingredients for a classic Instant Pot Potato Salad. Here’s what you need!
- Idaho potatoes: we’re using Idaho potatoes, but feel free to either use russet or red potatoes.
- Eggs: eggs are classic and they cook right in your pressure cooker!
- Apple cider vinegar: ACV is our secret ingredient. The potatoes actually steam in them in the Instant Pot and it adds so much flavor.
- Mayo: every potato salad deserves some mayo.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt adds a creaminess and lightens things up.
- Dill: always use fresh dill!
- Lemon: citrus brightens up all of the flavors.
- Pickles: chopped pickles in potato salad are the best!
How to Make Instant Pot Potato Salad
Cook Eggs and Potatoes in Instant Pot
Place the metal rack inside your Instant Pot and then add the chopped potatoes and eggs. Pour water and vinegar on top and seal the Instant Pot.
Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. When the timer goes off, quick-release the Instant Pot to let the steam out.
Chill Eggs and Potatoes
Transfer the eggs into an ice water bath and then transfer the potatoes into a bowl and into the fridge to chill.
Once the eggs have chilled for 5 minutes, peel and roughly chop them. Set aside.
Meanwhile, mix together the rest of the ingredients to create the potato salad sauce.
Mash and Mix
Combine all ingredients together and use a wooden utensil or potato masher to partially mash the potatoes.
Serve with more fresh dill and enjoy!
Store leftover potato salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 4 cups of chopped Idaho potatoes chopped into 1.5-inch cubes (skin on)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the metal rack inside of your Instant Pot (it comes with your Instant Pot). Place potatoes on top of the rack and carefully place two eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Next, mix your vinegar and water together into a bowl. Pour 3/4 cup of the liquid into the instant pot and set the rest to the side for later.
- Cover your Instant Pot and lock it into place. Turn the pressure valve to ‘seal’ and press ‘manual’ and then turn the pressure to “high pressure”. Set the timer for 8 minutes and let the Instant Pot work.
- While your Instant Pot is heating up, place the rest of your ingredients (including the rest of your water/vinegar mixture) into a large mixing bowl. Mix well and place in the refrigerator.
- When the potatoes are done, quick release the pressure in the Instant Pot by turning the pressure gauge to ‘vent.’ Be careful that you are clear of the pressure gauge when steam releases.
- Place the hard-boiled eggs into an ice bath and transfer your cooked potatoes into a bowl and then place the bowl into the freezer/refrigerator to cool.
- Once the hard-boiled eggs have chilled for about 5 minutes, peel and rough chop them and place them in the Greek yogurt mixture. Mix well.
- Once potatoes are completely cool, add potatoes to the Greek yogurt mixture and mix until combined. Use a spatula to mash some of the potatoes to get that perfect potato salad consistency.
- Top with fresh dill and enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was modified on June 21, 2022.