This lightened up broccoli cheese soup is creamy and delicious made with Almond Breeze almond milk and sharp white cheddar cheese. Make it for dinner in under 30!
I am so excited to introduce a new 2015 FFF partnership today!
You guys know that I am pretty much obsessed with almond milk. I legit use it in EVERYTHING. Well, I’ve been working with Blue Diamond over the corse of the past few months to bring you some delicious almond-inspired recipes like this, this, and this. In the coming months I’m excited to start working with their almond milk product Almond Breeze. I’ve been using/drinking this product for years, so I’m excited to start incorporating it into FFF’s recipes!
So about this soup.
Who doesn’t love broccoli and cheese soup?!
I decided I wanted to recreate this classic, but lighten things up a little bit by incorporating pureed cauliflower and almond milk to get that same creaminess, but a lot less fat and calories than you would have from using cream.
There is so much great flavor and only a few ingredients!
You start off by roasting all of your veggies, including 10 cloves of garlic.
Friends- it’s time to get up close and personal with garlic. It’s so good and SO GOOD FOR YOU!
While that is roasting, create a cheese sauce using sautéed shallots, EVOO, Almond Breeze, vegetable broth, and white cheddar. Once that is done simmering, your veggies will be roasted and you’ll put everything into a high power blender and to pulverize until it’s nice and creamy.
You’ve got yourself the best tasting soup EVER in less than 30 minutes!
Top your cheese with a drizzle of EVOO, greek yogurt, extra cheese, and some bacon bits if you’re feelin’ it.
Lightened Up Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 + 1 tablespoons EVOO, divided
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Original
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: EVOO, cheese, bacon bits
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF. Then, place cauliflower, broccoli, and garlic on a baking sheet. Drizzle on about 3 tablespoons of EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Toss so that everything is evenly coated.
- Roast veggies at 400ºF for about 20 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to brown.
- While the veggies are roasting, sauté shallots in 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Once they are translucent, add in veggie broth and Almond Breeze and let simmer for a few minutes. Then, stir in cheese and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Place everything in a high-power blender and whirl for about a minute, pureeing the vegetables and turning everything into a creamy soup. If you like your soup a little thinner, add more vegetable broth!
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 33
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 19
This soup would be the perfect meatless Monday (minus the bacon bits), if you ask me!
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze. I was compensated and all opinions are 100% my own.