This parmesan crusted tilapia is so easy to make! All you have to do is coat your tilapia in parmesan, cornmeal, and spices and bake it for 20 minutes. You’ll have a delicious baked tilapia dinner in under 30 minutes!
Easy Baked Tilapia Recipe
If you are looking for a healthy meal that is delicious, flavorful, and ready in 30 minutes baked tilapia is the answer!
We loved this parmesan crusted tilapia recipe for so many reasons–>
- Tilapia is so affordable and easy to find!
- The bake time for this recipe is SO fast.
- You get a crusty, cheesy crust on the tilapia and a flavorful and moist white fish on the inside.
What is tilapia?
Tilapia is a fresh water white fish that is very common. It is known for how affordable and accessible it is. It is also well known for being a mild white fish that many people love!
If you don’t have tilapia at home, but you do have another white fish, go ahead and swap ANY white fish for the tilapia.
Everything You Need
This recipe is made with less than 10 ingredients. Here are all the ingredients you need, people!
- Granulated garlic
- Tilapia–> any white fish
- Grated Parmesan –> any hard grated cheese
- Corn meal–> oat flour or almond flour
Quick Q & A
What do I serve with baked tilapia?
You can serve baked tilapia with any delicious salad of vegetable side! Below are some of our favorite dishes to serve with this parmesan crusted tilapia.
How long do you bake tilapia?
Bake tilapia at 400ºF for 15-20 minutes. If you want the tilapia a bit more golden brown, bake the tilapia for 10 minutes and broil the tilapia for an additional 2-3 minutes.
How long does tilapia last?
Tilapia will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator if stored in an airtight container.
- 1.5 lbs. Tilapia fillets
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, remove all excess moisture from the tilapia fillets by patting them with paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both eggs.
- Then, in a separate large bowl add the parmesan cheese, corn meal, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Prepare the crusted tilapia by dipping the fillets in the egg wash. Let the excess egg wash drip off the fillet before dipping the fillets in the cheese mixture.
- Dip and roll the fish fillets in the cheese mixture until the fillet is coasted in cheese. Place fillet on the greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the fish fillets are covered.
- Once all the fillets are coated with the cheese mixture and on the baking sheet, drizzle the fillets with olive oil and any other excess egg mixture. Place lemon slices on the fillets.
- Bake the tilapia for 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillets) at 400ºF.
- When fish is fully cooked (when the fish easily flakes apart with a fork) turn the oven to broil and broil the fish for 1-2 minutes to create a golden crust.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!