Looking to pair one of your favorite Asian dishes with a simple Asian salad? We’ve got you covered with this colorful Asian salad recipe dressed with a yummy Asian salad dressing.
One thing I love about Linley is that whatever we are eating for a meal, she always figures out how to have a side salad. We could be eating chicken tacos or some kind of Asian dish, and she will find a way to serve it next to a delicious and yummy side salad. I’m not talking about boring iceberg lettuce side salad. She always classes them up somehow with a delicious dressing and crunchy add-ins.
This particular Asian Salad is our version of a flavorful side salad that you can serve next to any kind of Asian dish. It’s packed with hearty vegetables, massaged kale, sesame seeds, and the most delicious Asian dressing that you need to make ASAP.
Asian Salad Deconstructed
This kale salad is pretty much like a rainbow (minus the blue…because I can’t think of any blue veggies). It starts off with a big grass bowl of massaged kale salad. And then is topped with crunchy raw veggies, seeds, and an Asian vinaigrette. If you’ve never massaged kale before, don’t you worry! We have a super simple tutorial on how to do so HERE. And, you don’t want to skip this part! Raw kale is pretty hard to digest and massaging it with a little bit of olive oil really does the trick! Here’s what you need for this Asian salad:
- purple cabbage
- red pepper
- sesame seeds
Asian Salad Dressing
Once you’ve got all of your crunchies in place, it’s time to make that Asian dressing. We’ve found a super simple trick to really bring out the flavor in a vinaigrette dressing and it’s to saute your garlic in the olive oil so that the oil really infuses with flavor. We did this same trick with our balsamic dressing and it’s to die for. Then, from there, you can add the rest of the ingredients together. Here’s what you need:
- olive oil
- sesame oil
- minced garlic
- soy sauce
- maple syrup
- red pepper flakes
- dijon mustard
Feel free to double or triple this Asian salad dressing recipe! It should stay good in your fridge all week.
Asian Salad Pairings
Once your salad is ready to go and you’ve got your dressing, you can toss it all together and serve it next to your favorite main meal. Need some inspiration? Here are some of our favs:
More Kale Salad Recipes
- Best Kale Salad Recipes
- Pomegranate and Pear Kale Salad
- Crunchy Asian Kale Salad
- Massaged Kale and Fennel Salad
Asian Salad Recipe Video
Asian Salad Dressing
- Get salad dressing recipe HERE.
Asian Kale Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded kale, packed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large red pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced (any kind)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Start off by making your Asian Salad Dressing. You can find the ingredients and instructions HERE.
- Prepare Asian salad by placing kale into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Massage the olive oil into the kale with your hands for 2-3 minutes or until kale is soft and broken down.
- Add the rest of the kale salad ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Pour entire Asian salad dressing recipe over the salad and toss salad until all ingredients are combined.
Tips & Notes
Nutrition includes Asian Salad dressing.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 249 Sugar: 6 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 18 Fiber: 4 Protein: 4
Keywords: asian salad