This super simple healthy Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is as delicious as it is easy to make!
With a clean ingredient list and fantastic flavor, you’ll be making this chicken broccoli stir fry recipe as a takeout alternative over and over again. Enjoy!
We Love DIY Takeout
Asian takeout is definitely one of our go-to’s, but we love to know what’s going into our food, so we often find ourselves recreating our favorite takeout recipes with a clean ingredient list at home. Our Honey Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry is my all-time fav, but our Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is a close second.
Making your own takeout at home has so many benefits and to be honest, tastes better too! You can even tailor the classics to be gluten-free or even vegan.
- Clean ingredients: we love using tamari instead of soy sauce in our stir-frys and will omit any refined sugar for maple syrup or honey.
- More veggies!: when in doubt, use more veggies!
- Better meat: high-quality meat just tastes better…and it’s better for you and the environment, too!
How to Make Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
Step 1 – Prep Sauce: Stir fry sauce is super simple to make. All you need to do is place everything into a bowl (or mason jar) and mix. Make sure to leave the cornstarch out for later.
Step 2 – Prep Veggies & Chicken: Next, it’s time to dice up your veggies. The key here is getting them all around the same size so that they cook evenly. Then, thinly slice your chicken breast and set aside.
Step 3 – Cook Veggies and Chicken: Partially cook your diced chicken in olive oil and then remove from the pan. Then, add a little more oil and cook your veggies down. Make sure not to overcook your veg, no one likes mushy veggies!
Step 4 – Add Sauce & Thicken: Once your veggies are almost cooked, move them to one side of the pan and add the sauce to the other side of the pan. Then, add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to the sauce and whisk until dissolved. This will help your sauce thicken.
Add your chicken pieces back into the pan and mix everything together. Let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
What Do You Serve With Stir Fry?
We recommend any grain as a nice recipe pairing for this stir fry! If you’re low carb or keto, a side of field greens or riced vegetables are a nice option as well. Here are some options to get ya started if you’re looking for something a little jazzier than plain rice or quinoa:
What Do You Cook First in a Stir Fry?
We recommend cooking the chicken first in this stir fry for a couple reasons. 1: it keeps your veggies from getting soggy and mushy, and 2: helps prevent cross-contamination from raw chicken on your cooked veggies. Cook your chicken first, people!
Great for Meal Prep
This chicken and broccoli stir fry recipe is GREAT for meal prep and can be reheated very easily. Because of that, it’s a perfect recipe to double so that you can place it into meal prep containers for the week.
Storage: This chicken meal prep recipe will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days. Just reheat in the microwave and enjoy. Need some more chicken meal prep recipe inspo? Here are a few other faves on Fit Foodie Finds:
- 5-Ingredient Honey Sriracha Slow Cooker Chicken
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Soup
- Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
- Meal Prep Chicken Cacciatore Quinoa Bake
- Healthy Black Bean and Chicken Enchiladas with Sweet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Mac N Chicken Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- How to Make Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
More Stir Fry Recipes
- Amazingly Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Best Healthy Stir Fry Recipes
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1.5 lbs broccoli, chopped into florets (~4 cups)
- 2 tablespoon water
- Begin by prepping your chicken stir fry sauce. Place all ingredients (minus the cornstarch) for the sauce in a medium bowl or pyrex and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Next, prep veggies by thinly slicing red pepper and chopping broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Slice chicken breast into thin slices and set aside.
- Next, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add chicken breast and saute for about 5-7 minutes or until almost fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add the second tablespoon of olive oil into the pan and sautee veggies for about 2 minutes. Then, add in about 2 tablespoons of water and cover pan. Let steam for about 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is cooked, yet still a little crunchy.
- Once veggies are almost cooked, move them to one side of the pan and add the sauce to the other side of the pan. Then, add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to sauce and whisk until dissolved.
- Add chicken pieces back into the pan and mix everything together. Let simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite grain or meal-prep for later!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 371 Sugar: 38 Fat: 10 Carbohydrates: 47 Fiber: 3 Protein: 27
Keywords: chicken and broccoli stir fry