This Instant Pot Fried Rice is quick, easy and made completely in the pressure cooker! Bonus, it’s made with brown rice and actually healthy!
The perfect combination of veggies, brown rice, eggs, and soy sauce makes for the savory fried rice flavor you love without all those added fillers. Jazz up your dinner with this Instant Pot Healthy Fried Rice today!
Welcome to the healthy fried rice of your dreams made completely in the Instant Pot! This classic takeout recipe is delicious served next to your favorite stir fry or perfect on its own as a vegetarian meal.
This IP Fried Rice is…
- gluten-free friendly
- made with 9 ingredients
- made with brown rice
How to Make Instant Pot Fried Rice
With just 9 ingredients you can make our Healthy Instant Pot Fried Rice in under 45 minutes completely in your pressure cooker!
Step 1: Cook Brown Rice in Instant Pot – let’s begin by pressure cooking your brown rice in the Instant Pot. Coat your IP with a little bit of oil and then add brown rice and broth. Close, turn the valve to seal, and set your timer to manual >> high >> 26 minutes.
Step 2: Make Sauce – While your brown rice is cooking, add all ingredients for the fried rice sauce to a mason jar and shake until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
Step 3: Remove Rice – When your rice is done cooking, natural release the pressure for 11 minutes. Then remove brown rice from Instant Pot and set aside.
Step 4: Cook Veggies – Next, add olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté feature. Add your vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Scramble Eggs – Once your veggies are cooked, push them to one side of the Instant Pot. Crack 2 eggs onto the other half and cook eggs until they form medium-sized scrambled egg curds, making sure to stir frequently.
Step 6: Mix Everything Together – Add your rice and fried rice sauce to the Instant Pot and mix everything together. Saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
What makes this healthy?
We’re all about making simple swaps to make classic meals better for you! That’s why we chose to use brown rice in this recipe instead of white. We also created a sauce made with lower-sodium soy sauce or tamari and sweetened it with just a little maple syrup instead of refined sugar!
What to Eat with Fried Rice
Fried rice is great on its own, but it’s also an excellent addition to many healthy meals we have on Fit Foodie Finds. Here are some recipe pairing ideas:
- Amazingly Healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Best Healthy Stir Fry Recipes
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
- 10 Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- How to Make Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
- 42 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Watch how to make this!
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 oz. frozen mixed veggies
- 2 large eggs
Fried Rice Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- First, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Make sure the bottom of the pot, as well as the sides, are covered with olive oil.
- Add rice and broth to the Instant Pot. Cover >> turn the valve to seal >> and turn your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 26 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, add all ingredients for the fried rice sauce to a mason jar and shake until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- When rice is done, natural release pressure for 11 minutes. Then, remove rice from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Give your Instant Pot a quick wipe-down and then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn on saute feature.
- Add frozen vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, push the veggies to one half of the Instant Pot to make room for the eggs.
- Crack 2 eggs onto the other half of the Instant Pot and scramble using a wooden spoon.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked, add rice and fried rice sauce into the Instant Pot and mix all ingredients together. Let everything cook over the saute feature for 2-3 minutes or until everything is warm.
- Garnish with fresh green onions and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 Calories: 222 Sugar: 1 Sodium: 616 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 2 Protein: 7
Keywords: fried rice, healthy instant pot recipes