This Instant Pot Fried Rice recipe is the perfect one-pot meal to make when you “have nothing to eat” at home! It’s made with white rice, frozen veggies, egg, and a simple fried rice sauce.
Fried Rice in the Instant Pot FTW
Instant Pot Fried Rice that’s made completely in the pressure cooker, yes please!
We love one-pot meals and this Instant Pot Fried Rice does not disappoint. It’s made completely in the Instant Pot meaning you don’t need to cook your rice on the stovetop. Pressure cook the white rice, add the frozen veggies, scramble the egg, and toss with sauce!
Why we love this fried rice!
- gluten-free friendly
- made with 9 ingredients
- only one pot needed
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
What You Need
One of the best parts about this recipe is that it calls for frozen veggies.
- White rice: we recommend using uncooked jasmine rice for this recipe. If you’re hoping to use brown rice, go for it! Just make sure to follow our tutorial HERE.
- Frozen veggies: a whole 10 oz. bag of your favorite frozen veggies is needed for this recipe.
- Eggs: you need 3 large eggs.
- Fried rice sauce: see below for what you need for the sauce.
Fried Rice Sauce
Fried rice sauce is super simple to make at home! The basis of it is soy sauce, but you’ll also need sesame oil, honey, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce, and rice vinegar.
Make it spicy: if you’d like to make this recipe spicier, we suggest doubling the chili garlic sauce.
How to Make Instant Pot Fried Rice
With just a handful of ingredients, you can have this veggie-packed Instant Pot fried rice ready to go in less than 30 minutes!
- Make Sauce: combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cook Rice: add water, rice, and oil to the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and then naturally release for 8 minutes,
- Steam Veggies: add in the frozen veggies and sauce and turn the sautee feature on. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Scramble Eggs: move the rice and veggies aside and scramble eggs until fully cooked.
- Toss: toss everything together and serve immediately.
Can I use brown rice instead?
Hoping to make your Instant Pot fried rice with brown rice instead? Go for it!
Check out our recipe for Instant Pot brown rice in order to modify this recipe.
What to Eat with Fried Rice
Fried rice is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with any of your favorite proteins, too!
- Air Fryer Honey Sesame Chicken
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Best Healthy Stir Fry Recipes
Store leftover fried rice in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Instant Pot Fried Rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice Jasmine or Basmati
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any oil
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 2-3 tablespoons diced green onions
- Optional: ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all of the ingredients for the sauce to a bowl and whisk them together until combined. Set aside.
- Rinse the white rice under cold water for 2-3 minutes or until the water runs clear. Transfer the rice to the Instant Pot. Add the water, oil, and salt to the rice and stir.
- Cook the rice for 3 minutes on high pressure and then allow the pressure to naturally release for 8 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. If there is still excess water in the pot, cover the pot and allow the rice to absorb the water.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the rice and toss. Turn on the saute feature and add the fried rice sauce. Toss the ingredients together and allow the rice and veggies to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Push the veggies to one side of the pot and add the olive oil to the pot. Pour the whisked eggs into the pot and scramble the eggs until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
- Gently fold the eggs into the fried rice and vegetables.
- Transfer the fried rice to a bowl and top with chopped green onions and salt.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe must be made with white rice, not brown rice. See our how to make Instant Pot brown rice for details on how to make Instant Pot brown rice.
- You can use a variety of different vegetables in this fried rice.
- If you want more spice to the sauce, add 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha.
- This recipe was slightly updated on April 24, 2023. Get the original recipe HERE.
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.