Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a fan favorite side that’s ready in less than 20 minutes. Follow this easy tutorial for the most delicious coconut rice in Instant Pot!
Simple Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe
Why make something more difficult than it needs to be? You’re going to love this Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot recipe. It comes together with just 4 ingredients and in less than 20 minutes.
We love making coconut rice alongside a variety of dishes, but some favorites include Instant Pot Chicken Thighs, Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken, and Coconut Curry Chicken.
So, let’s giddyup and make some coconut rice!
What You Need
So what do you need to make this Instant Pot coconut rice? Only 4 simple ingredients!
- Long-grain white rice: we recommend any long-grain rice such as basmati or jasmine. Make sure to use white rice and not brown.
- Full-fat coconut milk: we are huge fans of full-fat coconut rice because it’s so flavorful, but you can also use the “lite” version.
- Water: you only need 1/4 cup water for this reciep because the coconut milk provides a lot of liquid.
- Honey: honey is used for a little bit of sweet to really bring out that coconutty flavor.
Coconut Rice Serving Suggestions
I want to leave you with some Instant Pot Coconut Rice meal combinations! My first choice? Our Instant Pot Korean Beef (pictured). Here are a few other options.
Let leftover rice cool completely. Then, transfer it into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice we used Jasmine
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Place all ingredients inside of your Instant Pot and stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take around 8 minutes to build enough pressure to start counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, natural release the pressure in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top of the Instant Pot and fluff the rice with a fork. All of the liquid should have dissolved at this point.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was updated November 23, 2021. Check out the old recipe here.
- There may be a few browner pieces of rice, but this is because the honey caramelizes. It's my favorite part of this whole recipe because it gives it great texture!
From an array of review platforms offered online, writingpapersucks.com/ seems the most trustworthy for me. Its reviews have always been relevant and realistic for me. I always check the comments here before placing an order at any website.
Hey, the recipe looks really tempting. Keep up the good work. And I cant wait to try your recipe
I followed the directions exactly and the rice was delicious!! Will definitely be making again
In your description, you say, “ we have only tested this coconut rice recipe with long-grain brown rice and not with any other kind of rice such as brown or short-grain brown rice.” You might want to change the brown to white, which I am assuming you actually meant, to avoid confusion.
Wow, so my experience with this recipe was not that great. The rice was cruNchy and when i did The quick relase a buNch of coconut milk spewed out oF the vent. I Cleaned it up and put in for another 8 minutes. Most IP rEcipes for brown rice say to cook for 16-22 min.
I admit i used brown rice- i had a search Failure and misread the instructions. I’m sure 8 min is long Enough for white rice.
Ahhhhh gotcha! Well if you make it again let us know how it goes!
I have actually tried this with short-grain brown rice and medium-grain brown rice and it works just as well! I also added toasted coconut into the mixture and brought it to a potluck. Everyone LOVED it!
I can’t wait to try cooking rice in coconut!!! I’m sure it adds an awesome flavor and texture ?
I like the taste of coconut, thank you for the recipe
Hi! Is there a way to do this in a rice cooker?
I can’t wait to try cooking rice in coconut!!! I’m sure it adds an awesome flavor and texture 🙂
Ur a str8 dumbass if u never thought of that before.