Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a fan favorite side that’s ready in less than 20 minutes. Follow this easy tutorial for the most delicious coconut rice in Instant Pot!
Simple Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe
Why make something more difficult than it needs to be? You’re going to love this Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot recipe. It comes together with just 4 ingredients and in less than 20 minutes.
So, let’s giddyup and make some coconut rice!
What You Need
So what do you need to make this Instant Pot coconut rice? Only 4 simple ingredients!
- Long-grain white rice: we recommend any long-grain rice such as basmati or jasmine. Make sure to use white rice and not brown.
- Full-fat coconut milk: we are huge fans of full-fat coconut rice because it’s so flavorful, but you can also use the “lite” version.
- Water: you only need 1/4 cup water for this reciep because the coconut milk provides a lot of liquid.
- Honey: honey is used for a little bit of sweet to really bring out that coconutty flavor.
Coconut Rice Serving Suggestions
I want to leave you with some Instant Pot Coconut Rice meal combinations! My first choice? Our Instant Pot Korean Beef (pictured). Here are a few other options.
Let leftover rice cool completely. Then, transfer it into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Place all ingredients inside of your Instant Pot and stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. It will take around 8 minutes to build enough pressure to start counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, natural release the pressure in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes.
- Remove the top of the Instant Pot and fluff the rice with a fork. All of the liquid should have dissolved at this point.
Tips & Notes
- This recipe was updated November 23, 2021. Check out the old recipe here.
- There may be a few browner pieces of rice, but this is because the honey caramelizes. It's my favorite part of this whole recipe because it gives it great texture!