This Tuscan Chicken Quinoa Bake is packed with Italian flavors, kid-friendly, and has a whopping 40g protein per serving!
Happy Monday, friends! B and I just got home from a weekend in Cleveland to visit my parents. I’m already missing them like crazy!
I am super pumped about today’s recipe. Last week I asked the FFF facebook page what kinds of Spring recipes they want to see. About 90% of the responses were easy weeknight meals (protein-packed if possible). You wish is my command, frands! You all know my love for quinoa bakes/casseroles is real (this one is my fav!).
This casserole is…
- PACKED with protein (28g per serving!)
- Prepped in under 10 minutes!
It also features FFF partner, Imagine® Foods’, Creamy Tomato Soup. I bet that’s the last thing you would have guessed was in this sucker. Well- it adds AMAZING flavor and creaminess to the casserole. In case you are wondering, this product is: certified organic, GMO free, gluten-free, vegetarian, kosher, non-dairy, and vegan. <—- a mouthful, right?
I used Imagine® Food Creamy Tomato Soup as the liquid portion to cook the quinoa. Did I mention you DON’T have to pre-cook the quinoa? You just throw it in the casserole dish and let the magic happen in the oven.
I did decide to brown the chicken a bit and cook down the onions before throwing everything in the casserole dish to bake fully. You most certainly do not need to do either, I just prefer more cooked onions and I love the texture that the chicken got after it was browned for a bit.
Chicken in every bite.
Wondering where to find Imagine® Foods Products? Check out their store locater HERE and their product list HERE. If you’re a Kroger shopper, you can download a $1 off coupon on Imagine® Creamy Soups to your Kroger Plus Card. If you don’t live near a Kroger, get a $1 off coupon from ImagineFoods.com! #winning
This post is sponsored by Imagine® Foods. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!
Imagine Foods: Tuscan Chicken Quinoa Bake
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 4 oz chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup quinoa
- , uncooked
- 2 cups Imagine Foods Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 teaspoonsitalian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 small/medium sized tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella balls
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF. Then, spray a casserole dish (I used 12 x 8 inch) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO and 1 tablespoon minced garlic. Then, add in minced onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until they become translucent. Next, add in diced chicken and brown for about a minute, stirring often.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish and add uncooked quinoa, Imagine Creamy Tomato soup, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Bake covered at 375ºF for 25 minutes. Then, remove and add the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella balls to the top. Bake for another 20-25 minutes, uncovered or until you can see the quinoa is fully cooked.
- Top with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 411
- Sugar: 11
- Fat: 13
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 28