Our Quinoa Broccoli and Cheese Casserole is a fan favorite! It’s made with just 7 ingredients and has 29g of protein per serving. Serve up this quinoa casserole recipe this Fall for the entire family!
Ah the casserole. I kid you not, here in Minnesota restaurants have these on the menu…they are everywhere! There is even a place called Haute Dish (aka Casserole) in Minneapolis. So today, I present you a healthier spin on the classic Broccoli and Cheese Casserole, but fully equipped with quinoa! In my opinion, our Quinoa Cheesy Broccoli Casserole is even better than the real thing because it has 29g of protein per serving without compromising any flavor. If you’re thinking the addition of quinoa is going to make this broccoli casserole take forever to prep, you’re wrong! You actually bake this casserole with uncooked quinoa and things are ready in 60 minutes. So, what 7 ingredients do you need?
Here’s What You Need
- Sharp White Cheddar
- Sea Salt
I’m not going to lie, this broccoli and cheese casserole pretty much tastes like mac and cheese with broccoli in it. A freaking GENIUS way to get your kiddos to eat vegetables, AMIRIGHT?! If you’re hoping to pack more into this quinoa casserole, feel free to add whatever veggies you like and even chicken, too if you want even more protein.
Quinoa Casserole Recipes
- Asian Stuffed Pepper Steak Quinoa Casserole
- Sweet Potato Green Curry Quinoa Casserole
- Spinach Quinoa Lasagna Casserole
- Lasagna Zucchini Casserole
Quinoa Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- 1/4 large yellow onion finely diced
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups broth any kind
- 1.5 cups 2% milk or any kind of milk
- 8 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese freshly grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Place quinoa, onion, and broccoli florets on the bottom of your casserole dish. Set aside.
- Next, add milk, chicken broth, and salt into a medium saucepan. Turn to medium-high heat and use a whisk to constantly stir. When liquid is heated, slowly add 4 oz. of grated cheese and whisk until cheese dissolves into the mixture.
- Pour liquid on top of ingredients in casserole dish and stir so that everything combines.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Remove and stir.
- Sprinkle on the additional 4 oz. shredded cheese and place back in the oven (uncovered) for 15 more minutes.