This protein packed meal is made with all your favorite meat lovers pizza flavors and has a quinoa base for the most delicious and healthy casserole ever!
Did you know that I LOVE Mondays? I love starting the week fresh with a blank slate in front of me! Lately I’ve been really focusing on planning out my week hour by hour. I know that probably sounds like a normal thing to do, but when you do what I do it’s really easy to lose track of time, put things off, and procrastinate. Like this post for example. I’m usually at least a week ahead of the game when it comes to scheduling out FFF posts, but it’s Sunday morning and I’m just writing this now! #oopsididitagain
Speaking of being ahead of the game. I just did some major planning for holiday and am superrrrrr excited for a few things that Davida and I have planned. Blogging is so much more fun when you can partner with your Canadian bestie.
So I made this recipe 2 weeks ago and I’ve been dreaming about it ever since. I wanted to create a quinoa casserole that epitomized a pizza. Whenever I get pizza I go for the meat lovers because…I’m a meat lover? I also wanted to keep things gluten-free for my gfree friends! Sometimes it’s hard for gluten intolerant people to enjoy a good slice of pizza. Well- I’ve got you covered, frands!
Speaking of quinoa. I used my all time favorite product in the Ancient Harvest line up – Traditional White Quinoa. It’s readily available at most supermarkets, a gluten free free, and a complete protein. Insert dancing girls emoji here.
Really, this is the EASIEST dinner you will ever make. You throw everything into a casserole dish, UNCOOKED (meat and quinoa included) and then you bake it. Folks- that is the beauty of making QUINOA casseroles. There’s no precooking of the quinoa involved. Straight into the casserole dish it goes, uncooked.
Add some cheese and a few diced olives and call it a day.
PS: I hate olives. I just wanted to share that I purely added olives for the contrast in the photos. Linley told me they tasted great in this recipe, so at least I have her word. If it sucks- blame her 😛
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 cups pizza sauce (1 15 oz. can)
- 1/2 pound pork sausage, uncooked
- 9 pepperonis, large
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup black olives, diced
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place quinoa, water, and pizza sauce in the casserole dish and mix. Then, break off bite-sized pieces of pork sausage and spread all over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Sprinkle on cheese cheese, pepperoni slices, and olives.
- Place back in oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 519 Sugar: 5 Sodium: 1394 Fat: 29 Carbohydrates: 40 Fiber: 4 Protein: 25
Love quinoa casseroles? Check out some of FFF’s most popular!
- Tuscan Chicken Casserole
- Cashew Chicken Quinoa Bake
- Sun Dried Tomato, Kale, and Chicken Sausage Quinoa Bake
- Broccoli and Cheese Quinoa Casserole
- Jalapeño, Bacon, and Quinoa Mac n’ Cheese
This post is sponsored by Ancient Harvest Quinoa. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!