Protein smoothie turned decadent treat? I think yes.
I’ve been really in to smoothie drinking ever since I started my recipe creation partnership with Designer Whey (through Fitfluential) about 8 months ago. Each month I create 4 recipes for DW, 2 of which are smoothies (yes, I am compensated). They sent me about 8 giant jugs of Designer Whey Protein Powder to work with, so I literally put it in everything.
You’d never guess that the base of this smoothie is frozen banana. The Dark Chocolate DW Protein Powder mixed with finely ground cocoa powder and a touch of peppermint extract, takes this protein smoothie to the next level.
On top I made some homemade whipping cream, by just whipping cream with my hand mixer. I then shaved some dark chocolate on top for a little more oomph.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Protein Shake
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- -1 large banana, frozen
- -2-3 large ice cubes
- -1 cup non dairy milk of choice
- -1 scoop Designer Whey Gourmet Chocolate Protein Powder
- -2 tablespoons cocoa powder (high quality)
- -Pinch of sea salt
- -1/4 tsp pure peppermint extract
- -optional add In: 1 tablespoon dark/vegan chocolate chips optional
- -toppings: homemade whipping cream, vegan whipped topping, or Greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a blender or magic bullet and blend until smooth.
As 2013 comes to a close I wanted to re-share some of my favorite DW recipes that I have done throughout 2013. Disclaimer: I was NOT compensated for this post, I am sharing these recipes because I WANT to.
Who would have ever thunk you could use protein powder in so many different ways! Seriously.