Get your meal prep on with these delicious Hawaiian Chicken Noodles Bowls made with shredded chicken, tons of veggies, and rice noodles!
Happy Fridayyyyyy! Guess what I’m doing today? DRIVING TO MILWAUKEEEEEE. I’m sure you think I’m absolutely crazy when it comes to travel, but I wouldn’t have it any other way at this point in my life. No pets, no kids, no house…time to travel! I’m sure once I hit my 30’s it may slow down a bit (MAY), but for now this is how I like it. Honestly even when I have kids in my life I foresee lots of travel. I moved around quite a bit as a kid (we lived in 5 states by the time I was in 4th grade!) and my parents took us on lots of travel adventures. I think this really helped mold me into the person I am today. Side note: I love love and I try and live as open-mindedly as possible. I feel like the world is going bat shit crazy and the best thing we can do at this point is love each other. IS THAT SO DANG HARD?
Speaking of love. I LOVE MY BLOGGING FRIENDS. I feel like it’s been forever since I did a group post and this month the theme is SHREDDED CHICKEN. If I could get each and every one of these recipes delivered to me, that would be grrrrrrrrrreat.
Buffalo Chicken Dip from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls from The Healthy Maven
No need for takeout with this Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl! Made just like your favorite restaurant’s burrito bowl, this recipe is filling, healthy and the perfect way to use your leftover shredded chicken!
Almond Butter Chicken Salad from Eating Bird Food
This almond butter chicken salad skips the mayo and instead uses an almond butter and apple cider vinegar dressing! Studded with raisins, fresh grapes and chopped almonds, this chicken salad is perfect for serving in lettuce wraps or on your favorite sandwich bread.
Cajun Cauliflower Casserole from Food Faith Fitness
This Cajun cauliflower casserole tastes like a bowl of Jambalaya but is secretly loaded with hidden veggies and protein! It’s a gluten free, paleo-friendly meal that the whole family will love!
Baby Kale Chicken Cherry Salad from Running to the Kitchen
This baby kale chicken cherry salad highlights the best of summer fruit with easy shredded leftover chicken for a light and healthy meal.
I couldn’t resist posting a bowl recipe for this post. Why? Because it’s legit what I eat every week.
It’s how we roll at Fit Foodie HQ. Plus- it’s almost crock-pot season, so I figured I’d jump on that bandwagon and get that guy out of storage. Good news- he didn’t rust one bit!
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 small or 3 medium)
- ½ cup pineapple juice*
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup purple onion, diced (~1/2 mediun onion)
- 2 large sweet peppers, diced
- 2 cups chopped kale, packed
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups rice noodles
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- Place chicken in a crock-pot on high for 1.5 to 2 hours. Remove and use 2 forks to shred.
- Make sauce by mixing together the rest of the ingredients.
- Add sauce to chicken and mix.
- Place 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a sauce pan and heat on medium/high heat.
- Add in purple onion and sweet peppers and sauté until onions are almost translucent. Then, add in kale and sauté for a few more minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients (the sauce!) and then add into stir fry.