This scrumptious applesauce skillet pancake cake has all of your favorite things about the classic healthy pancake, minus that darn pancake flip. Aside from being easy to make, this breakfast skillet pancake cake gives you a satisfying and healthy meal to start off your day.
Pancake lovers unite! Whether you’re in the mood for banana oatmeal pancakes, healthy carrot cake pancakes, sweet potato pancakes or this delicious, nutritious and oh so easy to make applesauce skillet pancake cake, we got you covered here on Fit Foodie Finds.
Cake for breakfast? THAT’S RIGHT. You know that Fit Foodie Finds is a big advocate of eating cake whenever we can, even for breakfast! This pancake cake is made with white whole wheat flour, natural sugar, oats, and other whole ingredients. Why make this pancake cake in a skillet? No flip required, people. This breakfast skillet is perfect a sweet breakfast option or a great meal-prep meal for the week!
Easy Breakfast, People!
There are so many options when it comes to breakfast these days and we all know how important breakfast really is. I try to get up in time to eat, drink coffee, and poop before I do anything else. Don’t bother me pre-poop or we are going to have a problem. lol. I love this pancake cake because it makes breakfast easy, no matter how busy your day is. When it comes to toppings I will always choose berries, honey, and maybe a little bit of nut butter. However, if you are a savory person, feel free to serve this pancake cake with breakfast salad or some turkey sausage. Both would be delicious!
No matter how you decide to top this Applesauce Skillet Pancake Cake, I guarantee that it will be delicious.
Pancake Cake Ingredient Staples
If you have the following ingredients on hand (which you might already have!), you’re going to be ready to make a pancake cake in your cast iron skillet at a moment’s notice:
More Skillet Recipes
More Pancake Recipes
- Healthy Carrot Cake Pancakes
- The Best Healthy Pancakes on the Internet
- Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
Applesauce Skillet Pancake Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a 10 inch cast iron pan by spraying with cooking oil.
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs well and then add the rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl. Mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until everything is well combined. Pour batter into the cast iron pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 16-18 minutes*.