Looking for a sauce that’s good on everything? Make this green sauce for an herby, all-purpose sauce that is delicious as a dip, sauce, and drizzle!
Say hello to our secret green sauce that you can put on anything! It’s herby, garlic-forward and so delicious.
What is green sauce?
This green sauce is a all-purpose, creamy sauce made from fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, mayo, and Greek yogurt. It can be served as a dip, spread, or sauce.
It is similar to chimichuri in a sense that’s it’s made with a fresh herb base, but it’s a bit thicker, chunkier, and creamier.
What to use green sauce on?
This green sauce can be used as a dip, spread, or drizzle on top of any and everything. Try it with:
What You Need
Fresh Herbs: the basis of this green sauce is fresh, juicy, delicious herbs. Good news for you, the herbs are interchangable so if you don’t like one, just replace it with more of another. Here’s what we used:
Onion and Garlic: onion and garlic add so much flavor to this dip. Don’t skimp!
Mayo and Greek Yogurt: mayo and Greek yogurt are when help cream up this sauce. It also gives it a great texture and tang.
Olive Oil: the amount of oil needed will depend on the water content of your herbs. Start with around 5 tablespoons and add more as needed to thin it out.
Salt: always salt to taste!
How to Make Green Sauce
- Assemble: place all of the ingredients into a high-speed food processor.
- Blend: blend on high until smooth. You may need to add more olive oil by the tablespoon depeneding on the desired thickness.
- Serve: serve green sauce immediately as a sauce, dip, or drizzle.
make it easy
Print Your Own
Keep common kitchen conversions like tablespoons to teaspoons and Fahrenheit to Celsius on hand at all times with our printable kitchen conversions chart.
Ways to Use Green Sauce
- Top meat: use it as a sauce to top your favorite cut of meat such as: Grilled Steak, Spatchcock Chicken, Pan Seared Scalloped, Grilled Shrimp, or Pan Seared Chicken.
- Toss pasta: Toss cooked pasta in this sauce OR swap out your pasta salad sauce for this green sauce!
- Use as dip: dip your favorite veggies, chips, or crackers.
Secret Green Sauce
- 2 cups fresh cilantro packed
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions ends trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce into a food processor.
- Pulse until the fresh herbs are pulverized and the sauce is well combined. Add olive oil as needed to thin the sauce out to the desired consistency.
- Transfer the sauce into a bowl and place it in the refrigerator for later.
Tips & Notes
- Depending on thickness, you may need to add more olive oil by the tablespoon to thin things out.
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.
I was able to taste it in a catering in Madrid and I loved it!
Can I leave out the mayo and mint or substitute it with something else