This easy stir fry sauce is our go-to for all things stir fry! Only 9 ingredients, and comes together in seconds. Bookmark this stir fry sauce to always have on hand.
Ultimate Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Welcome to our signature stir fry sauce. It’s our basic, go-to stir fry sauce that works with pretty much every protein and veggie combination. We absolutely love it with our shrimp stir fry recipe.
Stir Fry Sauce – What You Need
Here are the main ingredients you’ll need for this stir fry sauce. You won’t find sesame oil in our sauce 😀
- Soy sauce: the basis of the stir fry sauce is soy sauce. It’s savory, salty, and so delicious.
- Rice vinegar: rice vinegar is more mild than other vinegars and it goes perfectly in this stir fry sauce.
- Chili garlic sauce: this adds a little heat to your sauce.
- Grated fresh ginger: the fresh and tangy flavor of grated ginger is so yummy in this.
- Fish sauce: don’t be afraid of fish sauce. Trust us!
- Minced garlic: garlic is a must in stir fry sauce. You can mince your own or use minced garlic.
- Water: this will thin your sauce out a bit. Feel free to sub the water for chicken broth or vegetable broth depending on what protein you’re using in your stir fry.
- Optional sweetener: depending on if you like a sweet or savory stir fry sauce, you can add an optional sweetener such as brown sugar or maple syrup.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
How to Make Stir Fry Sauce
Making this stir fry sauce could not be easier! Follow these simple steps:
Make sure to scroll all the way down to the recipe card to get the full ingredient list and written recipe.
Everything in a Mason Jar
Place all of the ingredients for the stir fry sauce into a mason jar and screw on the cover tightly.
Don’t have a mason jar? You can do this in a small bowl and use a whisk to mix everything together.
Shake Shake Shake
Shake the mason jar until the corn starch dissolves and all the ingredients are combined. This is a fun step to include the kids in on!
Shake Once More
When you’re ready to add your sauce to your stir fry, shake the jar one more time.
Pour Over Stir Fry
Now it’s time to pour the sauce over your stir fry in the pan. Let cook for a few minutes over medium heat to activate the cornstarch and thicken the sauce.
Shrimp Stir Fry
Keep this u003ca href=u0022https://fitfoodiefinds.com/shrimp-stir-fry-recipeu0022u003eeasy shrimp stir fryu003c/au003e recipe in your back pocket to pair with this stir fry sauce!
What Makes a Good Stir Fry?
The sauce! Which is obviously why you’re here 😀
The vegetables! You can truly choose your own adventure here. Our shrimp stir fry that uses this stir fry sauce features carrots, red onion, green onion, red pepper and pea pods.
The protein! If you’re making a veggie stir fry, there’s no need to add a meat protein. If you’re looking to add a meat, we recommend shrimp, pork, chicken or beef.
Stir Fry Sauce Q&A
How to thicken stir fry sauce?
Whether you’re making chicken stir fry, a veggie stir fry, or this shrimp stir fry, the sauce can easily get watery.
To thicken your sauce, we recommend using cornstarch. You can either whisk the cornstarch right into the whole sauce OR make a cornstarch slurry.
Is this Stir Fry Sauce Gluten Free?
Because this stir fry sauce uses soy sauce, it is not gluten-free. However, you can sub the soy sauce for tamari or coconut aminos to make this gluten-free.
How to Store Stir Fry Sauce?
We like to store our stir fry sauce in a Mason jar with a tight lid. This not only prevents it from spilling when it’s in the fridge, but also allows you to give it a nice shake before you use it ensuring all the ingredients are mixed sufficiently when you use your stir fry sauce.
How long does stir fry sauce last?
Great question! While many store-bought stir fry sauces are packed with so many ingredients and preservatives that the shelf life is years, this stir fry sauce contains only 9 ingredients, and will last up to a week in the fridge.
Because this recipe makes 4 servings of sauce, it’s perfect to use when stir frying for a group, or if you’re making multiple stir fry recipes throughout a week, this is a super easy recipe to double or even triple!
Pro tip: if you’re making this stir fry sauce for later, wait to add the corn starch until right before you’re cooking the stir fry.
Can You Freeze Stir Fry Sauce?
You sure can! And this is a great way to meal prep this stir fry sauce for later. Follow these instructions:
- Mix all ingredients except the corn starch (you’ll wait to do this until you thaw your stir fry sauce when you’re ready to make the stir fry!).
- Transfer your stir fry sauce evenly in an ice cube tray.
- Freeze the ice cube tray for around 2 hours.
- Then, transfer the frozen cubes into an air-tight container.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
- Place all of the ingredients for the stir fry sauce into a mason jar and cover.
- Shake the mason jar until the corn starch dissolves and all the ingredients are combined.
- When you're ready to add your sauce to your stir fry, shake the jar one more time.
- Then, pour the sauce over your stir fry in the pan. Let cook for a few minutes over medium heat to activate the cornstarch and thicken the sauce.