Waking up to this chocolate chip pumpkin breakfast cake and a hot cup of coffee will give you an automatic happy belly and a great day!
Happy Friday! I am currently on my way to Seattle with the sister. I get to be her date to one of her best friend’s weddings. SCORE. We’ve got an amazing weekend of hiking and wedding shenanigans planned. I’ve been to Mt. Rainier, but it was a brief trip so I am excited to explore a bit more! We’re going to do a day in the city, too, which I have never done!
I’ll of course be taking you along via Snapchat…so make sure you are following FitFoodieFinds!
Anyways, let’s talk pumpkin breakfast cake. You guys LOVED the Banana Breakfast Cake SO MUCH that I decided to get festive and make a fall version.
So dense…and so delicious!
It’s made with 100% whole grains, no refined sugar, and a lotta love. It’s sweetened with banana and maple syrup…the perfect fall flavor combination.
Get super fancy and top your slice with some homemade cream cheese frosting (3.5 oz cream cheese + 3 tablespoons maple syrup) and then a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds for crunch.
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 and 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, partially melted
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with around 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Next, mash 1 banana in a medium-size bowl until it’s smooth and become almost like a liquid. Add in the rest of the liquid ingredients and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Add in liquid ingredients and combine.
- Then, pour the batter into your cast iron skillet and bake at 350ºF for 35-40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/8 cake Calories: 279 Sugar: 17 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 36 Fiber: 5 Protein: 6