Whip up this easy coconut flour mug cake for dessert in 90 seconds. It’s paleo, grain-free, and refined sugar-free!
Holy Hannah Montana how is it already Labor Day? I can’t even. I was on a walk the other day around Lake Calhoun and I spotted a tree that was already half changed! Bitter sweet. Just bitter sweet.
This year I am going to make a point to do all the fall things such as apple orchards and corn mazes. Fun fact- I am THE BIGGEST SCARDY CAT KNOWN TO MAN. Like, I can’t even watch a semi-scary movie or I’ll be scared for days. My sister and I were scarred for life at like 9 and 10 because we decided it was a good idea to watch The 6th Sense. Never again was I able to watch or do anything scary. I bring this up only because going to a haunted house is one of the most petrifying experiences I do each year. Pretty much I close my eyes and glue the front side of my body to the backside of someone else’s body. Apparently human contact makes me less scared?
I hope at least 3 people can relate to what I’m talking about :P
So this mug cake rocks my socks.
It’s the first paleo mug cake on Fit Foodie Finds and all thanks to Miss Linley. She hosted a bachelorette party and decided to do a mug cake class as one of the activities. This thing has been tested like 10 times. This recipe is my personal favorite out of all of them!
I topped my mug cake with a scoop of almond butter and some chocolate chips.
I encourage all of you to do the same :)
Coconut Flour Mug Cake
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg white, large
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- First, spray a coffee cup with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Then, mix together all of the dry ingredients inside of the coffee cup. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, egg white, and almond milk. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 13
- Fat: 3
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 7
PS: If you love single-serve desserts, you should check out the e-book that I released last year —> 34 Healthy Single-Serve Dessert Recipes. #shamelessplug