This fruit salad recipe makes for a healthy and flavorful summer side dish or kid-friendly snack! Made from fresh fruit and a 2-ingredient homemade dressing, this fruit salad is ready to enjoy in 15 minutes tops!
It’s Fruit Salad Season
A fresh fruit salad is such a versatile side during the summer months when so many delicious fruit varieties are not only widely available, but also in season and so flavorful! This fruit salad is no exception! It’s easy to make, and can be doubled to serve the family.
Make this fruit salad to pair with yogurt in the morning or serve as a side for your next backyard BBQ!
Fruit Salad Ingredients
We’re firm believers in using the ingredients you have on hand and truly making a recipe your own. So, don’t have blueberries, but have blackberries instead? Go for it!
This fruit salad recipe calls for:
Fun additions or substitutions could include:
- Musk melon
Fruit Salad Dressing
This fruit salad is dressed with the most simple but delicious dressing, made from orange juice and vanilla extract, which you’ll simply mix together in a separate bowl before pouring over your fruit.
What to Serve with Fruit Salad
Fruit salad is a perfect side for a summer BBQ, but it’s also great for meal prep lunches for the week. Here are some of our favorite recipe pairings for fruit salad:
More Fruit Salad Recipes
- Kale Pomegranate Salad with Pears
- Pineapple Coleslaw
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Grilled Kale and Watermelon Salad
Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/2 medium cantaloupe diced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint sliced strawberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- Place cantaloupe, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries into a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- Next, whisk the orange juice and vanilla in a separate small bowl and then pour it over the fruit.
- Add chopped mint to the fruit bowl and then carefully mix the fruit salad together until all the fruit is covered with orange juice.
I love this fruit salad. In summer it is one of my favorites.