Grilling season is upon us and you need these Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs in your life. They’re perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or any weeknight family dinner.
We’ve officially transitioned from chicken casseroles to grilled chicken fajita kebabs in the Fit Foodie Kitchen. We put way our parkas and have strapped into our chacos. SUMMER IS HERE. It is currently 80ºF outside and we couldn’t be happier! And?It’s also my birthday month (it’s Linley BTW). Whoop whoop!
There is nothing like the smell of a grill in the summer. Am I right? Team Fit Foodie has blocked out days to grill, spend time at the river, travel, camp, and everything in between. What is the best part of all of these wonderful summer festivities, you ask? Planning the menu. These Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs in Under 30 Minutes got our wheels spinning for our summer menu plans.
Every Memorial Day we head to Prescott, Wisconsin to my family’s river house for a birthday celebration. (Side note, did you guys know that I share a birthday with Lee’s Dad and Lee’s birthday is one day after my Dad’s birthday? I know, it’s crazy.) Any-who, this year Lee’s family will be coming to the river and we are planning on an epic birthday menu. We’ve got three days of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. We get a big group together and everyone pitches in.MY OTHER VIDEOS
These Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs will be on the menu for dinner one night and then the big birthday dinner will be BBQ Ribs! Om nom nom. My boyfriend Cole is a master griller and this year he is going to Sous Vide ribs and corn and we are SO excited about it. Have you guys ever used a Sous Vide? Sometimes we like to call it a meat hot tub or a fancy french crock pot. If you’re new to the concept of a sous vide all you do is vacuum seal food in an air tight bag and then cook it at a very precise temperature in a water bath. It is fantastic. We have mastered steak in the sous vide and we are now moving on to ribs. Don’t worry, we will take lots of photos!
For now, feel free to drool over the photos of these Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs. You’ve got your favorite fajita flavors and fixings together in one kebab. It is efficient, easy, delicious, and clean up is an absolute breeze!
Grilled Chicken Fajita Kebabs in Under 30 Minutes
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into squares (3 medium breasts)
- 3 large bell peppers, chopped into squares (any color)
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped into squares
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat grill or oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare veggies by slicing into squares. Transfer into a gallon-sized bag and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Shake.
- Prepare chicken breast by slicing into squares (make sure they’re all around the same size) and transfer into another gallon-sized bag.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices to create your rub.
- Add half of the spice mixture to the vegetables and the other half to the chicken. Shake well and let sit for 10 minutes (place chicken in the fridge).
- Place peppers, onion, and chicken onto skewers (alternating between the three). Repeat.
- Lay a piece of tin foil onto the grill and spray with cooking spray.
- Set kebabs on top of tin foil and grill for around 15 minutes rotating kebabs every five minutes.
- Remove from heat and squeeze on lime juice (THIS PART IS KEY) and sprinkle on fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
*This recipe makes around 8-10 skewers
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 7
- Sodium: 225
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 28