Ditch the store-bought cajun spice blend for this homemade cajun seasoning that is perfectly savory and spicy with a touch of sweetness. And comes together in just 9 ingredients you likely have in your spice cupboard already!
This homemade cajun seasoning will quickly become a staple in your spice cupboard to add delicious cajun flavors to meat, veggies, potatoes and everything in between!
What Goes Well with Cajun Spices?
if you’re looking to add a cajun twist to your next meal, this cajun spice blend is absolutely delicious by subbing it in as the primary seasoning in any of the following recipes:
Meat and Fish
- Baked Cod Fish Tacos
- Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Grilled Chicken Legs
- Grilled Shrimp Meal Prep Bowls
- Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Cajun Seasoning Ingredients
We’re betting that these cajun seasoning ingredients are already in your spice cabinet, and we’re also betting that this seasoning will be more flavorful than any store bought cajun blend you can find + all the benefits of actually being able to pronounce the ingredients:
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Dried oregano
- Cayenne pepper
- Brown sugar
What Does Cajun Seasoning Taste Like?
Cajun seasoning has a savory and smokey taste that is commonly found in traditional Louisiana dishes like gumbo. Some cajun spice blends are spicier than others, and while ours contains a very small amount of cayenne (helloooo, “Minnesota spicy” lovers!), you can feel free to amp up the spiciness by increasing the cayenne.
Can I Double or Triple this Recipe?
This recipe can be easily multiplied by any number. Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple this spice blend for easy access later on!
How do I store Cajun Seasoning?
Store your spice blend in a glass container or jar in a cool dark place — right where you store the rest of your spices and seasonings!
More Dry Rubs and Seasonings
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Dry Rub for Chicken
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Flavorful Turkey Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients for the cajun seasoning into a small glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store remainder in a dry, cool place.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 2 tablespoons Calories: 37 Sugar: 2 Fat: 1 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 2 Protein: 1 Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: homemade cajun seasoning