This Healthy BLT Pasta combines the flavors you love in a traditional BLT and tosses it all with fusilli noodles in a white wine balsamic reduction sauce made creamy with just the right amount of mayo.
Complete with bacon, arugula, and cherry tomatoes, this healthy BLT pasta will leave you craving this twist on a traditional BLT for meals to come!
We Heart Pasta!
Here at Fit Foodie Finds, we’re firm believers that pasta dishes can be HEALTHY, and that healthy pasta doesn’t need to compromise on flavor and taste. And this healthy BLT pasta is no exception. With this delicious combination of fresh veggies:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Yellow onion
- Arugula (tossed in at the end!)
And the most flavorful sauce using:
- The cherry tomatoes and yellow onion +
- Fresh minced garlic
- White wine
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
All tossed together with a fusilli pasta, you’ve got yourself the most delicious BLT in pasta form! And we’ll walk you through how to make it:
How to Make BLT Pasta
Step 1: Cook Pasta and Bacon
Cook 8 oz. of pasta following the directions on the package. When the pasta is done cooking (and before straining!), set aside 2 tablespoons of the pasta water for later. Then strain pasta and set aside.
Simultaneously, cook 1 lb. of bacon by following the directions on how to cook bacon in the oven HERE.
When pasta is done cooking (make sure to do this before straining!), set aside 2 tablespoons of the pasta water for later. Then strain the pasta and set aside.
Step 2: Make that Sauce!
Next, heat a large and deep skillet over medium-high heat, and add olive oil. When the olive oil is fragrant, add sliced onion and salt to the pan. Sauté onion for about 4 minutes, making sure to stir frequently. Then, add garlic to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
Next, add cherry tomatoes, white wine and pasta water to the pan. Give everything a good stir, making sure to mix all the ingredients, and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, turn heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Finally, add balsamic vinegar, ground pepper and mayo to the skillet. Stir all ingredients together until a thicker sauce forms.
Step 3: All Together Now
Add chopped bacon and strained pasta to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes, or until the bacon and pasta are warm.
Remove from heat and then fold arugula and parmesan into the pasta. And of course, serve and enjoy your healthy BLT pasta!
Can You Substitute Ingredients?
YES, friends! Please make this recipe your very own. Feel free to substitute the following:
- Arugula –> spinach, kale or butter lettuce
- Bacon –> turkey bacon or veggie bacon
- Fusilli noodles –> rotini, penne, rigatoni or macaroni noodles
- Mayo –> vegan mayo, plain Greek yogurt, tahini or hummus
If you’re looking for pasta dishes that pack all the veggies and fresh ingredients, you’ve come to the right place! From creamy vegan pasta with sautéed kale and tomatoes to this creamy Greek pasta salad with cashew vegan pesto to this tomato basil vegan pasta, we got you! And one of our faves is definitely this healthy BLT pasta.
More Pasta Recipes
- Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Vegan Pasta Bake with White Wine Cream Sauce
- Whole Wheat Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pasta
- Rainbow Asian Noodle Salad
- 38 Vegan Pasta Recipes
- 8 oz. fusilli (or any pasta)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (we used Chardonnay)
- 2 tablespoons starchy pasta water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 lb. cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Start by following the directions on how to cook bacon in the oven HERE.
- Simultaneously, cook 8 oz. of pasta following the directions on the package.
- When pasta is done cooking set aside 2 tablespoons of the pasta water for later and then strain pasta and set pasta aside.
- Next, heat a large and deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add onion and salt to the pan. Sauté onion for about 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add cherry tomatoes, white wine, and pasta water to the pan. Give all the vegetables a stir and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, ground pepper, and mayo to the skillet. Stir all ingredients together until a thicker sauce forms.
- Finally, add bacon and pasta to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes until bacon and pasta are warm.
- Remove from heat and fold arugula and parmesan into the pasta.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/6 recipe Calories: 635 Sugar: 4 Sodium: 1553 Fat: 39 Carbohydrates: 32 Fiber: 1 Protein: 32
Keywords: BLT pasta