These festive and healthy coconut oil gingerbread muffins are made with 100% whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and tons of spicy flavors to make these delicious healthy muffins perfect for the holidays!
It’s time to get your booty in the kitchen and start baking #alltheholidaythings. This gingerbread muffin recipe is one of my all-time holiday favorites because it tastes just like a soft gingerbread man cookie but in muffin form!
What I love about these gingerbread muffins is that they are made with whole, healthy ingredients. We used white whole wheat flour, maple syrup, applesauce, coconut oil, and tons of gingerbread spices. We also used a little bit of molasses to get that classic gingerbread man flavor, but not too much!
These would actually be the perfect healthy breakfast muffins because they have 4g of protein, whole grains, and lots of healthy fats. Um, yes, please!
Here’s what you need for this festive, healthy muffin recipe:
Gingerbread Muffins Ingredients
- white whole wheat flour
- Spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
- maple syrup
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil
If you don’t have any muffin tin liners, no worries! Just give your pan a spray with coconut oil cooking spray and you should be good to go!
More Healthy Muffins
- The Best Healthy Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Super Fluffy Blueberry Muffins
- Oil-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Coconut Oil Gingerbread Muffins
- 1.75 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup molasses
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and rub a muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Place wet ingredients, minus the coconut oil, into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Finally add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Transfer batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin ¾ of the way full. You should get around 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20-22 minutes.
- Remove muffins and let cool for at least 15 minutes before glazing.
- While muffins are cooling prepare glaze by mixing together water and powdered sugar.
- Once muffins have cooled, drizzle with glaze.
Wondering if I can omit the pecans? Otherwise, the recipe looks like q perfect fit for me 😁
Yes, of course!
can these be frozen?
I don’t see why not!