Make the juiciest Instant Pot Pork Chops for dinner tonight! These bone in pork chops are made with a delicious spice rub and cooked with a yummy whiskey gravy.
Please tell me you’ve made our Instant Pot Pork Roast. These Instant Pot Pork Chops are sister recipe to that yummy dinner and I just know you will love them. They pair amazingly with a side of asparagus or baked potatoes!
Who loves the Instant Pot? Us! It’s time for a new healthy Instant Pot recipe that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. I’m excited to introduce you to these Whisky-Glazed Instant Pot Pork Chops because they’re tender and made with the most delicious gravy.
PS: check out all of our Instant Pot recipes.
How to Cook Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
Follow our step by step tutorial for how to make this Instant Pot Pork Chop recipe. In case you’re still on the lookout for an Instant Pot, check out our Instant Pot review.
What Kind of Pork Chops Should I Use?
First thing’s first. What kind of pork chops should you use? Boneless, bone in, fresh, or frozen? For this particular recipe, we highly recommend fresh bone in pork chops that are around 1.5 inches thick. We picked up our stunning bone in pork chops from Trader Joe’s, but many grocery stores carry bone in.
If you cannot find bone in pork chops, no worries! You can use boneless. Just make sure that they are also around 1.5 inches thick.
As for fresh or frozen. Because this recipe starts off with a rub and a quick sear, you’ll need to make sure you use fresh pork chops. If you have frozen pork chops, just toss them in the fridge overnight and they should be thawed and ready to go by the next night!
PS: this recipe calls for 1 lb. bone in pork chops and that should get you around 2 1.5-inch thick chops.
Dry Rub Time
Like both of our other Instant Pot pork recipes (uhhh, have you made our IP Carnitas?), these chops start off with a dry rub. I know this adds a few extra minutes on to the cook time, but it really helps flavor the gravy in the long run. Here’s what you need:
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- coarse salt
- ground cinnamon
- dried thyme
Once you’ve mixed together your dry rub, use your hands to massage all of the spices into your pork chops.
Turn the Instant Pot to the saute feature and add a generous amount of olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Once olive oil is hot, sear both sides of your pork chops for around 1.5 to 2 minutes, just enough to brown them.
Then, remove them from the Instant Pot and turn off your Instant Pot.
Deglaze Instant Pot
Now, it’s time to deglaze your Instant Pot. What does this mean? Essentially you are removing the little bits and chunks off the bottom of your Instant Pot so that you don’t get the burn feature once you start pressure cooking.
Pour in whiskey and chicken broth and use a wooden spatula to remove any debris from the bottom of your pot.
Next, add the rest of ingredients for your soon-to-be gravy! Add apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and garlic and give that one last stir.
Pressure Cook Pork Chops
I’m sure you’re wondering how long to cook pork chops in Instant Pot. The magic number is 10!
Place the metal trivet on top of your sauce and then place the seared pork chops on top of the trivet. Close your Instant Pot and turn the valve to “seal.” Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
It should take around 10 minutes for the pressure to build. Once it’s fully pressurized it will start counting down from 10 minutes.
You Instant Pot will beep after it pressure cooks for 10 minutes. Then, it will start counting up from 0. Let it naturally release for 10 minutes before quick releasing and opening the valve.
Thicken Whiskey Gravy
Remove pork chops and trivet and then turn your Instant Pot to saute. Once the gravy is hot, add in about a tablespoon of cornstarch and whisk until dissolved and thickened. Remove gravy and place in a serving vessel.
Serve pork chops topped with your yummy whiskey gravy and a side of your favorite vegetable!
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Carnitas
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowl Recipe
- How to Make Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Review
Instant Pot Pork Chops
- First, prepare spice rub by mixing together spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Next, place bone-in pork chops on a plate. Then, season both sides of each pork chop with the spice rub. Use your hands to rub spices into the pork.
- Next, turn your Instant Pot to the saute feature. Drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When olive oil is fragrant, sear both sides of each pork chop for 1.5 to 2 minutes, just enough to brown.
- Remove pork chops from Instant Pot and turn off saute feature.
- Deglaze your Instant pot by pouring in whiskey and chicken broth. Use a wooden spatula to scrape the bottom of your Instant Pot to remove any little bits. This will prevent the burn feature from appearing. Then, add in apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and minced garlic and mix. This will be your gravy later on.
- Place metal trivet on top of the liquid and then place the seared pork chops on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Set Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. It should take around 5 to 10 minutes to build pressure before the countdown begins.
- Once your timer goes off, let you Instant Pot naturally release for 10 minutes. Once it's been 10 minutes, you can open the valve to vent to quick release.
- Remove pork chops and trivet. Then, add in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to the liquid. Turn on the Instant Pot's saute feature and whisk until cornstarch dissolves and the liquid has thickened.
- Serve pork chops with gravy and your favorite vegetable.