These roasted Brussel sprouts with parmesan are a great side dish staple for any time of year! All you need are 6 ingredients in order to make these crunchy, cheesy bites of heaven.
The Best Healthy Side Dish
Have you ever noticed that side dishes don’t get nearly enough credit at a dinner party? It is all about the main dish and side dishes are an afterthought.
I’m here to tell you that side dishes are just as important as the main dish and can be delicious and just as flavor-packed as your main dish enter—> Brussel sprouts!
Brussels sprouts are something that I didn’t start eating until my mid-twenties. Now that I know how to cook with them, I can’t stop eating them!
There are so many ways to eat Brussels sprouts these days! We are obsessed here on Fit Foodie Finds! There are so many ways to prepare brussels sprouts!
With Bacon in these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Roasted with Balsamic in these Balsamic Seasalt Roasted Brussels Sprouts
In a bowl like in this Vegetarian Harvest Grain Bowl
Grilled like these Balsamic Brussels Sprouts on the Grill
In a salad like in this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
My favorite is when I roast them a little too long and they are partially crunchy. OHHHH I’m getting worked up thinking about them. If you love Brussels as much as I do, you’re going to dig this recipe!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
Parm makes the world go round and so does garlic. Mix all three of things together and you’ve got yourself a bomb-ass side dish for the holidays or any night of the week.
We love this recipe because it is made with brussels and then simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! Here is what you’ll need–
- Brussels sprouts
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese
It’s as simple as tossing the brussels sprouts with all of the ingredients and roasting them to crunchy perfection!
Tips + Tricks
Even though this roasted Brussel sprouts with parmesan recipe is easy, here are a few tips and tricks to check out to get the best bang for your buck when you make this healthy side dish!
- Prepare the brussels sprouts by rinsing them and then cutting off the stem (kind of looks like a tree stump) and then cut them in half.
- Dry the brussels sprouts off before tossing them with the ingredients.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan in a large bowl and make sure the brussels sprouts are covered in all of the oil and spices.
- Before spreading the brussels sprouts out on a baking sheet, spray the baking sheet with olive oil.
- Spread the brussels sprouts out on the baking sheet, but be sure that they are not touching! This will prevent steaming and uncooked parts of some of the brussels sprouts.
- Do yourself a favor and buy GOOD parmesan. It will take this dish to a whole different level.
Other Brussels Sprout Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad with Quinoa
- Sweet Potato Vegan Buddha Bowl
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Begin by preparing brussels sprouts. Wash, pat dry, and then slice the ends off and slice in half.
- Place brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet and then drizzle on 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss, making sure all brussels are generously coated.
- Roast at 400ºF for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and toss. Then, roast for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and grate on parmesan cheese, generously coating the brussels sprouts.
- Roast for another 3-5 minutes or until the brussels have reached a lovely golden brown color and an almost-crunchy texture.