Pesto chicken + delicious accompaniments for lunches all week long has never been easier. Meal prep this pesto chicken recipe to keep your on-the-go meals easier than ever without sacrificing nutrition or flavor. From homemade pesto to easy-to-prepare sides, this pesto chicken meal prep recipe can’t be beat.
Lunches on the go, anyone?! We’re often taking our lunches out on the town working from coffee shops or ModernWell in Minneapolis, but regardless of your weekday schedule, this pesto chicken meal prep recipe is nutrition-packed and sure to keep you full til dinnertime. What do we look for when it comes to meal prep ideas? We’re always on the lookout for recipes that:
- have a lot of servings
- can be eaten many different ways
- taste good reheated
- can be frozen
Cue this meal prep pesto chicken. From the homemade pesto sauce, to the tomato mozzarella salad to the roasted asparagus, this lunch seriously cannot be beat. And if you’re still looking for the best meal prep containers to take on the go, we are always using THESE and THESE.
Before we get into the recipe deets for this, we’ll leave you with some of our favorite meal prep recipes that pack ALL THE VEGGIES into one bowl. I know the hero of this meal prep recipe is chicken, but let’s not forget about all the delish veggies that round out this delicious meal. I mean, homemade PESTO. TOMATOES. ASPARAGUS. Does it get any better? This time of the year in Minnesota, these are staples in our CSAs and farmers’ market hauls, so why not combine forces into a delicious lunch that can be meal prepped and kept in the fridge ready to go for the whole week.
Fit Foodie Finds Fave Meal Prep Recipes
- Sheet Pan Meal Prep Tofu Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Meal Prep Vegetarian Kung Pao Quinoa Bowls
- Meal Prep Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Meal Prep Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Superfood Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Korean Beef Bowls
- Meal Prep Honey Ginger Chicken Stir Fry
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
Meal Prep with Fit Foodie Finds
- The Best Meal Prep Recipes Around Town
- 30 Ways to Meal Prep in 2017
- Meal Prep Dinner Recipes
- Best Meal Prep Recipes: Snacks
- Meal Prep Recipes: Breakfast
- Best Meal Prep Recipes: Dinner
- Best Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
- Meal Prep Cauliflower Tikka Bowls
- Meal Prep Apple Chia Oatmeal Cups
- 50 Tastiest Meal Prep Recipes for Fall
- Seasonal Spring Meal Prep Recipes for Every Meal (+Desserts!)
- Best Meal Prep Casseroles
Pesto Chicken Meal Prep
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup pesto we used homemade
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 2 cups water
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- First, preheat oven to 375°F and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prep chicken by placing chicken breast into a gallon-size bag and pouring on pesto. Close bag and give your chicken a good shake, making sure it's covered in pesto. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate (option to do this the night before and let sit for 12-24 hours).
- Once marinated, transfer chicken breast to baking sheet. Make sure you put all that excess pesto on top of the chicken breast. Bake at 375°F for about 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your breasts.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and slice into cubes.
- Prepare asparagus by placing spears on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375°F for about 10-12 minutes. Make sure you don't overcook your asparagus, no one likes mushy spears!
- Place quinoa and water into a medium pot. Bring to a boil. Then, cover and turn heat down to low. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed.
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
- Begin by slicing cherry tomatoes in half. Place them into a medium-size bowl.
- Add in mozzarella pearls, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sliced onion, salt, and pepper.
- Mix and set aside.
- This recipe serves 4, so separate everything out into 4 portions.
- Serve with more fresh pesto on top of the chicken, toasted pine nuts on top of the asparagus, and a sprinkle of parmesan on top of the entire thing.
Tips & Notes
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.