This Tuscan Turkey Soup is the perfect recipe for turkey leftovers. Packed with hearty vegetables, lean protein, a delicious broth, and made completely in the Instant Pot by The Pioneer Woman. You’ll be making this soup all winter long!
We can’t get enough of this Instant Pot by The Pioneer Woman here in the Fit Foodie Finds kitchen. It’s like a vintage slow cooker had a baby with the Instant Pot and created this cute floral design (we got the Vintage Floral, but the Breezy Blossom is equally as caaaute). It’s new and only available at Walmart, who we’re partnering with today to bring you the Instant Pot soup of all Instant Pot soups. And I can’t help but think that the Pioneer Woman herself would enjoy this hearty Tuscan Turkey Soup. A comfort food taste with our Fit Foodie Finds healthy twist. So, if anyone out there can put in a good word, can you please let her know we’d like to have her over for dinner? #kthanks
You know we’ve been loving the Instant Pot for a long time now, but if you’re still on the fence about this kitchen gamechanger, we’re here to tell you: head to Walmart, and get yah self an Instant Pot by The Pioneer Woman. This all-in-one…
- pressure cooker
- slow cooker
- rice cooker
…is all our cooking-loving hearts have dreamed of. Anyway, this Tuscan soup is the perfect combination of winter crops, yummy grains, lean protein and a delicious broth. All whipped up in the Instant Pot in under an hour. Can you say timesaver?! And if you’re looking for a way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers (specifically the turkey), THIS SOUP IS IT. Let’s get into it:
Step 1: Cook Farro in the Instant Pot
First, pull your Instant Pot by The Pioneer Woman out of the cupboard (or no judging if you keep this cutie right on the countertop to brighten up your kitchen), and take your dry farro + water and cook it on high in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes. It will cook to the perfect fluffy texture. If you haven’t chopped and prepped your other ingredients already, now’s the time to put your glass lid (seriously, why doesn’t every Instant Pot come with one of these) on your Instant Pot to cover your cooked farro while you chop.
Ste 2: Add Remaining Ingredients and Pressure Cook
Then, add the rest of your ingredients (minus the turkey) to the Instant Pot and cook on high for 2 minutes. Add your shredded turkey, and voila! That’s seriously it. And now you have the most delicious Tuscan soup your tummy has every experienced.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Tuscan Turkey Soup
This Tuscan Turkey Soup is the perfect recipe for turkey leftovers. It’s packed with hearty vegetables, lean protein, a delicious broth, and made completely in the Instant Pot by The Pioneer Woman making this Instant Pot Soup a winner for all. You’ll be making this soup all winter long.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups water
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 medium carrots, finely diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 6 small red potatoes, diced (or 3 cups diced)
- 1 15-oz can white northern beans
- 2 stalks kale, deboned and chopped
- 3 cups of leftover turkey (or rotisserie chicken)
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoon hot sauce (or sub more vinegar)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- First make the farro. Combine water and farro in your Instant Pot and close lid. Turn the valve to seal and cook on high for 10 minutes. Immediately open valve to vent in order to quick release.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the turkey) to the Instant Pot and close lid. Turn the valve to seal and cook on high for 2 minutes. It should take 20-30 minutes for the Instant Pot to start counting down due to the amount of contents in the Instant Pot. Once the timer goes off, open the valve to vent and quick release.
- After all of the steam has let out of the Instant Pot, open the lid and stir in the turkey and serve.
- The second time you turn the Instant Pot on, it will take longer to heat up due to the volume of ingredients in the soup.
- Option to sub rotisserie chicken for the leftover turkey.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 23
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.