This Caprese Egg Bake recipe is a fusion between your classic egg bake and caprese salad making it the ultimate savory breakfast (lunch or dinner!).
Happy Monday! I am back with another breakfast recipe because, well, that’s all I ever want to eat. This time though, it’s a savory meal made with FFF partner, Dave’s Killer Bread. The more and more I eat DKB, the more I love it. It’s perfectly chewy, seedy, whole-grained goodness that I just can’t get sick of! Today’s recipe features DKB’s 21 Whole Grains and Seeds, which I picked up from the best place on Earth, COSTCO. Can we talk about Costco for a second. It’s almost worse than Target….I go specifically for bread and I leave with about 101 other things. Do I need 44 packs of gum? NO. Do I need 20 lbs. of coconut oil? NO. Do I need 14 gallons of peanut butter? YES.
The nice thing about a lot of things you buy from Costco, is that you can freeze it for later! Like Dave’s Killer Bread for example…At Costco it comes in a pack of 2 loafs so I always keep one our on the counter and freeze one for later.
So dis recipeeeeee.
It is SO EASY TO MAKE and you only need a few ingredients to make it! If you can scramble eggs, turn on an oven, and wait wait wait…then you can make this recipe!
Caprese = tomato + basil + mozzarella + balsamic. I’m not going to lie, the aged balsamic topping is KEY for this recipe. It’s not caprese without it! We suggest pouring on the aged balsamic right before serving so that your egg bake doesn’t get soggy.
DBK’s 21 Whole Grains and Seeds is an excellent bread for this recipe. It’s chewy and has great texture…I promise you will love it!
Caprese Egg Bake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 12 slices Dave’s Killer Bread 21 Whole Grains and Seeds
- 2 cups medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz mozerella balls
- 8 eggs, large
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coconut oil cooking spray
- fresh basil, to taste
- aged balsamic vinegar, to taste
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
- Make egg mixture by whisking together 8 large eggs, 1 cup almond milk, Italian seasoning and salt. Set aside.
- Slice 12 pieces of bread into thirds, turn 90º and slice into thirds again.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the casserole dish. Then, place half the mozzarella balls and half the tomatoes on top. Cover with remaining bread cubes and then top with the second half of the mozzarella balls and tomatoes.
- Evenly pour egg mixture on top of bread and use your hands to submerge bread into egg mixture completely. You want to make sure everything is moist!
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes or until the top layer of bread begins to turn golden brown.
- Let egg bake sit for 5-10 minutes before topping with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil.
- Slice and serve with aged balsamic vinegar.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 8
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 19
This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds.