Serve a crowd this Healthy Denver Omelette Egg Bake or make it for meal-prep for the week! Either way, it’s high in protein, only requires a few ingredients, and will become a staple in your kitchen.
Mid-July in the blogging world means that I’ve been thinking about apples and pumpkin for about a month now. APPLES AND PUMPKIN IN JULY. What am I crazy? Lin and I couldn’t even find pumpkin puree at the store the other day. In fact, we couldn’t find it at 2 stores! Come on Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods! Isn’t that why there is canned pumpkin? So we can eat it year round.
Clearly this is a major first world problem, but I just wanted to create a PSA that if you are in fact, looking for pumpkin, you might want to look harder because it’s hard to find this time of year! Luckily, this recipe requires NO PUMPKIN. It requires all of the ingredients for my favorite omelette on the planet –> the DENVER omelette! After all, Colorado is my favorite state after Minnesota 🙂
You might not believe me when I say this, but before this recipe I didn’t have a single “classic” egg bake on Fit Foodie Finds. What the what? It’s been 7 years and not one. I’ve made:
And about 100 oatmeal bakes, but no classic egg bake. Now the next time I freak out about what I’m going to serve a bunch of people for brunch, I can look on FFF for this guy! And you can do the same too.
Healthy Denver Omelet Egg Bake to Serve a Crowd
- 8 eggs large
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt plain
- 1 large green pepper finely diced
- 1/2 large white onion finely diced
- 1/3 lb. cooked ham finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (2 teaspoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and greek yogurt.
- Place green pepper, white onion, ham, garlic, salt, and pepper into the casserole dish. Pour egg mixture over the veggie and ham mixture.
- Then, place in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour cheese over the top and let bake for an additional 10 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
Team! I am leaving for a little week-long vacation to California with Mark on Thursday! We are going to both LA and San Francisco! We’ll be in the Hermosa Beach area for the first part of our trip watching Lindsey’s husband Tim play volleyball and then in San Fran visiting Davida!