Got a baking dish? Throw together this easy, flavorful Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bake made with Gold’n Plump Tex Mex Chicken Patties for a low-carb breakfast!
I remember in college, I would go back and forth between making myself chicken fajitas and shrimp stir-fry for dinner. They’re two dishes where I know I’m gonna get my veggies, protein, and a good amount of carbs. Plus, they’re really easy to make and I love Mexican and Asian flavors! It’s been a while since I’ve made anything Mexican, so I figured I’d take the challenge of using Gold’n Plump Tex Mex Chicken Patties in the most creative way possible —> In a fajita casserole!
I know you all love casseroles because my highest viewed posts are either peanut butter related or casserole related. Hey, I don’t blame you. They’re my favorite too!
For this easy casserole, all you have to do is chop your favorite fajita vegetables into bite-sized pieces. I used a green pepper, red pepper, purple onion, and jalapeño pepper in my mixture. Feel free to get really creative and use what’s in season or in your garden!
Next, it’s time to thaw your chicken patties. These chicken patties actually come separated into 2 packs of 3 (individually frozen and vacuum sealed for freshness). For this recipe, I used 1 pack of 3 patties so you can keep the other one for later. You can either let them sit on the counter for a few hours or thaw them in the microwave for a few minutes. I only let mine get about 2/3 of the way thawed.
Speaking of these patties. They have SO MUCH FLAVOR! I made them a few weeks ago and ate them like normal burgers and instantly knew they would be delicious in a breakfast recipe! They’re made with boneless skinless chicken thighs and add-ins such as hot pepper cheese, diced green chiles and jalapeños, and other authentic Tex Mex seasonings. #allmyfavoritethings Search Gold’n Plump’s map to see where their products are available near you!
Next, it’s time to line your baking dish with the patties. Mine fit two long just fine. Then, I cut the 3rd one in half and fit them snug next to the full ones! On top of the chicken patties goes the vegetable mixture! I simply tossed the veggies in some EVOO, salt, pepper, and fajita seasoning. Nothing fancy, but tons of flavor!
Don’t forget to spray the bottom of your casserole dish with some cooking spray! I use coconut oil cooking spray.
Finally, to finish off the casserole I cracked 10 eggs on top (that’s how many fit). The beauty about this dish, is that depending on the size of your casserole dish, you can add in another chicken patty or use more/less eggs.
Place the casserole in the oven, uncooked, for around 45 minutes and boom, you’ve got yourself breakfast and leftovers! This seems like the perfect brinner if you ask me.
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Bake
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 Gold’n Plump Tex Mex Chicken Patties, thawed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 1.5T EVOO
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/5 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 10 eggs, large
- salt and pepper, to taste
- coconut oil cooking spray
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF. Then, spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Begin by thawing 3 Gold’n Plump Tex Mex Chicken Patties ALMOST all the way through.
- While the chicken is thawing, prep veggies. Dice 1 green and 1 red pepper into bite sized pieces. Finely dice a red onion and a jalapeño pepper. Then, place all veggies into a medium-size bowl. Pour in EVOO and sprinkle on fajita seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Give it a good mix.
- Assemble your casserole by placing the Gold’n Plump Tex Mex Chicken Patties on the bottom. You may need to slice them depending on the size and shape of your dish. Then, pour in the veggie mixture. Finally crack 8-10 eggs on top.
- Place casserole dish in the oven and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes or until the eggs have cooked all the way through.
You will most likely have some excess liquid form after baking. Simply spoon or dump the liquid out.
Enter to win a Gold’n Plump Grill Basket Giveaway + $50.00 in coupons!
This post is sponsored by Gold’n Plump. I was compensated and all opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting Fit Foodie Fins!