Add amazing flavor to the next pot roast that you make with this easy pot roast seasoning! This delicious dry rub is made with a mixture of smokey, sweet, and salty spices that will add the perfect amount of flavor to your pot roast.
“Incredible! Came across this when looking for my usual recipe, but this is a new favorite! I cannot believe how good this roast tastes.” -Jennifer
One thing I stand by in the kitchen is making my own homemade seasonings. No weird fillers or ingredients you can’t pronounce. This easy pot roast seasoning was developed out of a need for a great seasoning that we could grab and slather on a big chuck roast!
Pot Roast Seasoning Ingredients
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
- Coarse Salt
Become a Pro at Cooking Chicken!
We’ll teach you everything you need to know on how to cook chicken perfectly every time + we’ll share our top chicken recipes when you subscribe to our emails today!
- Add some heat: If you like a little spice, feel free to 1/2 teaspoon of paprika or red pepper flakes.
- Add Italian seasoning: swap the oregano, thyme, and parsley for 6 teaspoons of Italian seasoning.
Store leftover seasoning in an airtight container or glass jar in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
Pot roast meals tend to be richer and more filling so we like to pair our pot roast recipes with lighter and delicious sides. Here are some of our pairing recommendations based on the delicious flavor of this dry rub!
Easy Pot Roast Seasoning
- Place all ingredients for the pot roast seasoning into a large glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store remainder in a dry, cool place.
Tips & Notes
- This is enough seasoning for two 2.5 – 3 lb. pot roasts.
- Use 2 tablespoons per pound of meat
- Yields: 3/4 cup