Say hello to the most delicious 30 minute meal you’ll ever eat! These fajita ground turkey lettuce wraps are easy to throw together and have a punch of flavor!
Let-Us Make a 30 Minute Meal
There is nothing like whipping dinner up for the whole family in only 30 minutes. We have many healthy dinner recipes that can be made in 30 minutes, but lettuce wraps are out of my favorite dinner options when I’m in a pinch!
You only need a skillet, cutting, board, and knife and you’re halfway to lettuce wraps! I love that all you have to do is throw everything in a pan and cook until everything is cooked and coated in delicious seasoning.
Everything You’ll Need
Lettuce- The key to lettuce wraps is finding lettuce leaves are are large enough and strong enough. If you use lettuce pieces that are flimsy you’re gong to end up with a fajita lettuce salad (which would still be delicious).
However, if you’re going for a ‘wrap’ be sure to find yourself some quality lettuce.
Ground Turkey- We tried to keep this recipe lean and easy to make, so ground turkey was the perfect protein for this dish! We try to find high quality ground turkey with as few fillers as possible.
Try checking out a co-op near you, they tend to have amazing, low antibiotic turkey.
Fajita Seasoning– Who doesn’t love the smoky and vibrant flavors of fajita seasoning? We have a homemade fajita seasoning on FFF that you can make ahead of time and store it in your pantry for recipes like this!
If you don’t have fajita seasoning at home, taco seasoning or a combination of cumin, chili powder, and salt would work too!
Vegetables- Classic fajita vegetables are bell peppers and onions. We stuck to the classic fajita veggies, but feel free to improvise and use whatever you have in the refrigerator!
Lettuce Wraps 101
What kind of lettuce should I use for lettuce wraps?
You have a few different options when it comes to lettuce for lettuce wraps. The key it to choose a lettuce that is fresh and will hold up to the weight of veggies.
We recommend using one of the lettuce types below:
- Butter Lettuce
- Iceberg lettuce
- Long pieces of romaine
- Full cabbage leaves
Can lettuce wraps be made into a meal prep meal?
Yes, these ground turkey lettuce wraps can be meal prepped for the week. Just keep the turkey meat and vegetables separate from the lettuce wraps until you are ready to eat!
Pack the meat and vegetables in one section of a meal prep container and lettuce in the other and assemble when ready to eat!
How do I store lettuce wraps?
You can store the innards of the turkey lettuce wraps in an air tight meal prep container and store the lettuce in a dry section of your refrigerator for up to 7 days.
What is a good sauce to make for lettuce wraps?
We love serving these fajita turkey lettuce wraps with avocado crema! However, fresh salsa, greek yogurt, or cotija would also be delicious!
Can I make these lettuce wraps vegetarian?
Yes, you can! You can sub the turkey meat for sofrita or mushrooms! Just be sure to cook the mushrooms down before adding thing fajita seasoning (you don’t want the mushrooms to be too watery).
Other Lettuce Wrap Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 30-Minute Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- BLT Quinoa Lettuce Wraps with Homemade Ranch
Fajitas Lettuce Wraps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 2–3 tablespoons water*
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (~1 medium lime)
- 2 tablespoons water* (or more depending on how thin you like it)
- pinch of salt
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet or cast-iron pan and turn to medium/high heat.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add garlic and ground turkey.
- Cook for around 5 minutes to partially brown and then add bell peppers and onion.
- Cook for around 5 more minutes to fully brown meat and cook down veggies.
- Add homemade fajita seasoning and a few tablespoons of water. Mix, making sure everything is fully coated.
- Let mixture cook down for a few more minutes to thicken the sauce. Add more water as needed. This all depends on how saucy you want your lettuce wraps.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Next, prepare avocado crema. Place avocado, Greek yogurt, lime juice, and water into a high-speed food processor. Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add more water depending on how thick you want your crema.
- Assemble lettuce wraps by scooping about 1/3 cup of fajita filling on top of a piece of iceburg lettuce and then drizzling with avocado crema.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and cilantro
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/4 Calories: 339 Sugar: 6 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 12 Fiber: 5 Protein: 26
Keywords: ground turkey lettuce wraps