Get your banana chocolate fix with these Healthy Chocolate Banana Walnut Muffins. They’re made with 100% whole grains, all natural sweeteners, and crunchy walnuts!
Healthy Chocolate Muffins with Walnuts
Super pumped for today’s recipe. Why? Well, banana + chocolate = love…especially when you top it with nut butter! These muffins are SO TASTY and SO FLUFFY. There is nothing worse than a dry muffin, do you feel me? Baking the perfectly moist muffin is a challenge for anyone! If you tend to produce dry muffins here are few tips and tricks to making sure your muffins moist!
- Add that fat! Don’t skimp on the coconut oil in this recipe, it helps keep the muffins moist!
- Remove muffins from the muffin tin immediately after baking to prevent the muffins from cooking in the pan after you take them out!
- If you did over bake the muffins, try topping them with nut butter to add moisture!
- Let the muffins cool completely and store them in an airtight container to keep them fresher, longer!
We’ve made them a few times already and man, they never get old! Here’s what you need for these chocolate banana walnut muffins!
Chocolate Banana Muffins Ingredients
- white whole wheat flour
- cocoa powder
- coconut sugar
- cup maple syrup
- almond milk, unsweetened
- cup coconut oil
Sounds like a lot of ingredients, but I bet you have most of these on hand anyway. Either way, get your booty to the store because these chocolate banana walnut muffins truly are the fluffiest muffs you’ll ever make.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
We Love Nonstick Muffin Tins!
I have a revelation. NONSTICK MUFFIN TINS ARE THE SHIT. Team Fit Foodie finally upgraded our old muffin tin to a beautiful nonstick one. It’s nothing special and you can get it from Target for $8.99. Best $9 you will ever spend, I promise, because there is nothing worse than making a batch of muffins and having them stick to your pan. Speaking of sticking to your pan. I prefer my muffins without a muffin liner, but you have the option to do either.
Heathy Muffin Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
- Cinnamon Pear Muffins
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 6 Healthy Muffin Recipes – 1 Base
The Fluffiest Healthy Chocolate Muffins with Walnuts
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Alternatively, line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mash 3 large bananas. Then, add all wet ingredients minus the coconut oil. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients together (except for walnuts).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix.
- Finally, add walnuts and melted coconut oil, and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin til, filling 3/4 of the way full. Option to sprinkle on additional walnuts to the top.
- Bake at 350ºF for 19-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven once fully cooked and let cool for 5 minutes, and remove from pan to finish cooling.