This delicious grain-free applesauce pancake recipe is not only a high-protein breakfast option but also it is gluten-free and paleo!
Last week my 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Pancakes went viral. I hit some new pageview records on FFF! That’s always exciting :D The Huffington Post wrote a story on High Protein Vegetarian Breakfasts linking to the recipe, which was the catalyst of the whole thing.
A reader recently asked if you could sub applesauce instead of the mashed banana, which got me curious.
It is a fact that you either LOVE bananas or HATE them. I’d say there are many more banana lovers out there than haters, but I’ve come across a fair share of haters! It’s like people who don’t like dessert. WHAAAAAA?
So, these pancakes are a spin-off of my 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Pancakes. They don’t have anything to do with peanuts or bananas, but they are grain free and made with and made with an egg base. The pancakes themselves are…
I un-paleoed mine by topping them with Greek yogurt, blueberries and maple syrup.
I was going to whip up some coconut whipped cream, but I ran out of full-fat coconut milk. Whomp.
I do want to make a note. COOK THESE ON LOW/MEDIUM. I cooked my first round on medium/high and it didn’t work out too well. You want to let the pancakes fully cook on both sides, so they need a low temperature or you’re going to have some issues.
Oh so moist.
Grain Free Applesauce Pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- First, whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl. Then add in applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Next, add in almond meal and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Spray a pan with coconut oil spray or nonstick cooking spray and heat to low/medium (THIS IS IMPORTANT). Once the pan is fully heated. Spoon in about 3 tablespoons of batter.
- Let cook for about 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until firm enough to flip. You’ll want to move quickly when flipping with a spatula.
- Cook the second side for around 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked. Repeat 3 more times.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 19g
So tell me. Do you like bananas? *If you don’t like them I promise I won’t judge you :D Okay, maybe I will!