Zucchini is a summer staple veggie and we’ve rounded up our best sweet zucchini recipes and savory zucchini recipes.
Whether you’re looking for zucchini bread, taco zucchini boats, zucchini lasagna — or anything in between, you’ve come to the right place!
We Love Zucchini
We’re approaching the end of summer and zucchinis are growing like wildfire! You’ve either got a garden with loads of zucchinis coming out of your ears or you have that one friend that keeps leaving their extra zucchini on your doorstep.
What is zucchini? Zucchini is a green summer squash that is extremely easy to grow in many American climates.
Is zucchini a fruit or vegetable? Since zucchinis have seeds and grow from a flowering plant, they are considered a fruit.
Zucchini is a great fruit for so many reasons. It’s easy to whip up as a grilled side and can be served both sweet (re: zucchini bread) and savory (re: zucchini lasagna).
Health benefits of zucchini
From a nutritional standpoint, zucchini is a top-notch fruit.
- 0g fat
- high in B6, folate and vitamin C
- high in magnesium
- lower in calories
- 33 calories/1 medium zucchini
Top 5 Best Zucchini Recipes
If you’re looking for a zucchini recipe that’s tried and true and rated 5-stars, stop right here! Here are our top 5 zucchini recipes that you guys love.
- Parmesan Baked Zucchini
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
- One-Bowl Zucchini Muffins
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Taco Zucchini Boats
Parmesan Baked Zucchini
Parmesan baked zucchini is such an easy and delicious recipe. Everyone gets their veggies in with these zucchini coins that are tossed in olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Healthy Zucchini Bread
Make yourself a loaf of healthy zucchini bread made with 100% whole grains and no butter! This zucchini bread is perfect for an easy breakfast or an easy snack in the afternoon!
One-Bowl Zucchini Muffins
This zucchini muffin recipe is sweetened with banana, maple syrup, and coconut sugar and uses 100% white whole wheat flour.
This vegetarian zucchini lasagna fuses all of the delicious flavors of Italian cooking with a midwestern, healthy twist!
Taco Zucchini Boats
Jazz up taco night with these low-carb and delicious Taco Zucchini Boats! They’re ready to eat in under 30 minutes and can be made on the grill or in the oven. Enjoy!
Easy Air Fryer Zucchini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 medium zucchinis sliced into ¼-inch rounds (~4 cups)
- 1.75 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Next, place the sliced zucchini in a bowl and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Dredge each oiled zucchini round through the parmesan mixture. Be sure that the zucchini rounds are completely covered in the parmesan mixture. Place each zucchini round on a separate plate.
- Once all the rounds are coated, line the bottom of the air fryer with the coated zucchini. If you have a smaller air fryer you may have to cook the zucchini in a couple batches.
- Spray the zucchini with non-stick cooking spray and cook the zucchini in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove the zucchini from the air fryer with a spatula or fork.
- Serve immediately.
The roasted creole zucchini chips is an masterpiece! gratz!
Pinned! Loving this list like woah! Thank you so so much for including my veggie burgers <3
I’ve been obsessed with zucchini cake and zucchini muffins! OMG! I love the look of all of these recipes, especially the zucchini pancakes, zucchini bread, zucchini brownies, and zucchini noodles with pumpkin marinara!
OOo ya. Just had grilled zucchini last night! I need to try baking more with it though. I can only imagine how much moisture it adds!
This post is great. I never have just one zucchini ready in the garden, they all seen to ripen at exactly the same time and I have a hard time figuring out what to do with them.
What a great list – putting them all on my agenda for this summer! 🙂 Thanks for including me! Sharing!
The roasted creole zucchini chips and quinoa encrusted zucchini look like options I might try! I love to grill all veggies especially now in summer. We desperately need a new grill though. Do you like yours?