These Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots are the ultimate holiday side dish! The combination of sweet and savory from the honey balsamic + perfectly roasted carrots, onions and garlic make this side a perfect addition to any holiday table.
Dreaming of Holiday Sides
Don’t mind us, we’re just over here dreaming about everything we’re serving at Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, and every other holiday occasion we can think of between now and New Year’s Eve.
Starting with these honey balsamic roasted carrots, which we’re so excited to serve next to our amazing Honeysuckle White Sous Vide Turkey (coming soon!) this holiday season.
How to Roast Carrots
These roasted carrots are as beautiful as they are delicious. And you’ll have them served up at your next gathering in no time. Let’s get into it:
Step 1: Preheat and Prepare
Start by preheating your oven to 400ºF. Next, prepare the vegetables by cutting carrots in half hotdog-style and then again hamburger-style so that you quarter them. Place on a baking sheet.
We prefer multi-colored carrots for this recipe because they’re just oh so beautiful, but traditional orange carrots will work perfectly fine for this recipe as well.
Do you peel carrots before roasting? It is your choice whether you peel large carrots or not. We actually prefer to leave them as-is because a lot of the nutrients live in the skin of the carrot.
Then, slice a medium-sized onion and add that to the baking sheet, too. You can use whatever color your heart desires.
Last, slice both ends off of 2 bulbs of garlic, creating a flat surface on either side. Keep them in their casing and place them on the baking sheet as well.
Step 2: Season Vegetables
Drizzle the veggies with a generous amount of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper before tossing so that everything is evenly coated.
Pro tip: option to add other dried spices during this step. You could add something like homemade Italian seasoning or even curry powder if you’re feeling out of the box!
Step 3: Roast Vegetables
Roast vegetables at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Then, remove and toss. Drizzle veggies with honey and balsamic vinegar, and then toss the carrots and onions one more time and flip the garlic cloves over before placing the baking sheet back in the oven. Roast for an additional 20(ish) minutes.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Before serving, squeeze garlic cloves out of the bulbs and toss with roasted vegetables. Place in a large serving dish or platter, and enjoy!
What Should I Serve with Roasted Carrots
All Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms turkeys are raised by family farmers without growth-promoting antibiotics and are the perfect centerpiece of all Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving gatherings. Learn more here.
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes
- Garlic Roasted Kale Chips
- Golden Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric
Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Next, prepare vegetables. Cut carrots in half hotdog-style and then again hamburger-style so that you quarter them. Place them on baking sheet
- Slice a medium-sized onion and add that to the baking sheet.
- Next, slice both ends off of 2 bulbs of garlic, keeping them in their casing and place those on the baking sheet as well.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss so that everything is coated.
- Roast vegetables at 400ºF for 25 minutes. Then, remove and toss. Drizzle on honey and balsamic vinegar and toss again. Make sure to flip garlic heads over.
- Place back in the oven and roast for another 20 minutes at 400ºF.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Then, carefully squeeze garlic cloves out of the bulbs and toss with roasted vegetables.
Shop This Post
This post is sponsored by Honeysuckle White. I was compensated and all opinions are my own.