These garlic glazed carrots are as healthy as they are delicious! Roasted in a flavorful garlic butter sauce to tender perfection, these carrots are the perfect side dish.
Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots Recipe
Welcome to your new favorite way to cook carrots! Our garlic glaze is a mixture of garlic (obviously), brown sugar, sea salt, and pepper. It tastes AMAZING with the natural sweetness of the carrots and is SO simple to make!
Pop these glazed carrots in the oven with butter, and you’ll have delicious, caramelized carrots packed with flavor. After one bite, you won’t want to eat your carrots any other way.
Why you’ll love ’em!
Make this easy side dish recipe all in one casserole dish!
The BEST way to get kids to eat (and love) carrots.
Has the yummiest, most flavorful glaze!
A delicious side dish for the holidays.
- Carrots: we recommend buying carrots that are generally the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Light brown sugar: adds the perfect touch of sweetness, bringing out the natural flavor of the carrots while balancing out the other savory seasonings.
- Garlic: this recipe uses A LOT of garlic, and for good reason — it tastes fantastic with carrots!
- Salt & pepper: salt and pepper are great for enhancing all the glaze’s yummy flavors. We recommend using sea salt for the best taste.
- Butter: butter is what caramelizes the carrots, so they are mouth-wateringly flavorful and tender.
- Parsley: fresh parsley adds a slightly earthy flavor that ties everything all together.
How to Make Garlic Glazed Carrots
These garlic glazed carrots are super tasty and involve little prep! Once they’re all glazed up, let the oven do all the cooking for you.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Drizzle a casserole dish with olive oil and set aside.
ASSEMBLE + SEASON
Place your carrots the long way across the middle of your casserole dish. You can start stacking them on each other after the first row is made.
Next, add the brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper to the carrots. Use your hands to massage all of the ingredients together. Then line the carrots back up and place the cold butter chunks on the carrots.
Place the glazed carrots in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Then, toss to ensure the butter and brown sugar coat the carrots.
Bake for another 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and a nice golden brown.
GARNISH + ENJOY!
Remove your garlic-glazed carrots from the oven and toss. Then garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
What to Serve with Garlic Glazed Carrots
This carrot recipe makes for an excellent side dish for Christmas dinner. Pair it with our Sous Vide Turkey, Healthy Mashed Potatoes, or Green Bean Casserole! Other great mains and side dishes include:
Be sure to really grease the casserole dish because the brown sugar will burn a bit in the oven. If this happens, it’s ok! It just makes it a little tougher to clean.
Size matters: the size of your carrots will dictate the cook time! We recommend cutting your carrots into 1/4s, but because carrot sizes vary, so will the cook time.
Don’t skip the butter: butter is what caramelizes the carrots, so they are mouth-wateringly flavorful and tender.
Yes! Simply assemble your carrots in a casserole dish and season according to the instructions. Then, instead of popping them in the oven, cover the dish in plastic wrap or tin foil and store in the fridge until ready to bake.
Whether or not you peel your carrots really depends on preference. Peeling carrots gives them a more desirable appearance, but unpeeled carrots will taste just as great! However, if you decide not to peel your carrots, make sure you thoroughly rinse/scrub off any dirt and debris before cooking them.
If your carrots are tough and dense, they’re undercooked. If they’re dry and wrinkled, then they’re overcooked. Boiling your carrots for a short while before roasting will help ensure that you get delicious, fork tender carrots.
Got leftover carrots? Let them cool completely, then transfer them into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: microwave on high for 60-90 seconds, or until warmed through.
Garlic Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs. carrots peeled and cut in half and then into quarters lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 8-10 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and roughly chopped into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Drizzle a casserole dish with olive oil, and set aside.*
- Place the carrots into the casserole dish across the middle of the dish (the long way) stacked on each other. Add the brown sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper to the carrots, and use your hands to massage all of the ingredients together. Line the carrots backup, then place the cold butter on top of the carrots.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake the carrots for 20 minutes. Toss the carrots so that the butter and brown sugar coat them. Bake for another 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender and a nice golden brown.
- Remove the carrots from the oven, toss, and garnish with parsley.
Tips & Notes
- *Be sure to really grease the casserole dish because the brown sugar will burn a bit in the oven. If this happens, it’s ok!